Who is the new Corps RSM then

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Big_Vern, Jul 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been away a while who got the job as the new Corps RSM then. Was it a member of the two winged master race or was it somebody less humble but more capable!!!

2. It's a tough job working out the duties list for MW you know!

3. May be a daft question but barring 1 who else is in the bracket? The 1 being a ginger bloke and a good one to boot.

4. Ops Normal at Wallop i.e no change for another year, then it will probably be down to 2 names.

5. I think they should have a fight to see which one deserves it

6. Now this thread is interesting.

7. Oh and by the way D-Fens and others its not just the duties list at Wallop!

The Corps RSM (AACSM), Represents the wider interests of the Corps Pan Army! Each major player (A&SD's) has what is called a "Senior RSM" for example the RLC "Conductor" or whatever. I can assure you having been an SSM and soon to be an RSM I know the work the Corps man does on all our behalfs.

I guess if it was up to guys like you we would still be wearing Putees - Khaki Field.

8. The RLC has a Corps RSM as well as the Senior Conductor at HQ DRLC

> Both have differant areas of interest

9. Oh Sam Fisher you are so funny my ribs are cracking....! !!

Its not the critic that counts......

10. The Corps RSM (AACSM), Represents the wider interests of the Corps Pan Army! Each major player (A&SD's) has what is called a "Senior RSM" for example the RLC "Conductor" or whatever. I can assure you having been an SSM and soon to be an RSM I know the work the Corps man does on all our behalfs.

Just to correct you GG. The RLC conductor is not the same as the RLCSM. Conductors are not RSM's. The RLCSM is the senior RSM in the RLC and has already been the RSM of a Fd Army Unit. "Conductor's" tend to be stackers and rarely come from any other trade group. I'd rather be a RSM any day.

11. I stand corrected Empire

I used a wrong example!

12. Thanks for the reply Ginge....so do you rate your chances then if there was a scrap....I need to know if I should place some money on you

13. Sam

Are you not more concerned about some civvy Chav that got a spankingoutside jokers?

Do me a favour and go and boil your head.

14. Conductors RLC are selected from ALL trade groups not just the 'Supply Trades' as in the days of the RAOC. WO1's serving as RSM's are excluded from Conductor Selection, but there have been examples of WO1's who have been RSM, RLCSM then SSM (Instructor at School of Logistics for example) and then appointed Conductor! The one I am thinking of was RD/MTI at that.

15. Mike the one I am thinking of was a top bloke!!

Wonder if its same guy.