Who is the most irritating Newsreader/Broadcaster or correspodent?

• Thread starter Baldricks Batman
  • Start date
That tosser who fronts the Formula One coverage on Channel 4. Steve Jones?
Blame Coulthard, it's his production company and, Jones is a friend.

Coulthard milks it for all he's worth. Sky One shows highlights on both days in an hour, Coulthard and Co. manage to make Qualifying an hour and a half and, the race up to 2 and a half hrs long...and people wonder why he's a multi-millionaire !

Amol Rajan, on this morning's Today programme, felt it necessary to explain to a Radio 4 audience that a nonagenarian is someone aged between 90 and 100; a minute or so later he was doing the same thing for the septua- and octo- varieties. My strong impression was that he has recently discovered these wonderful words and was desperately keen to flaunt his newly-acquired erudition. Earlier, he interviewed Sven-Göran Eriksson, pronouncing the tricky bit as 'Gore-an', twenty years after the Swede took over the England football team and the rest of us learnt how to 'say it proper'. Rajan, some three months into the slot, also laughs a lot, often inappropriately - almost invariably a sign of nervous insecurity. He's clearly not up to the job and probably knows it himself. But, hey, he's BAME, and the Today line-up is otherwise all-honky (bar the far superior Mishal Husain*), so colour trumps quality, as ever at the BBC. Tediously predictable.

* Interestingly, a granddaughter of the first boss of Pakistan's ISI.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
Blame Coulthard, it's his production company and, Jones is a friend.

Coulthard milks it for all he's worth. Sky One shows highlights on both days in an hour, Coulthard and Co. manage to make Qualifying an hour and a half and, the race up to 2 and a half hrs long...and people wonder why he's a multi-millionaire !

I thought the idea was to get to the end of the race as fast as possible...

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Amol Rajan, on this morning's Today programme, felt it necessary to explain to a Radio 4 audience that a nonagenarian is someone aged between 90 and 100; a minute or so later he was doing the same thing for the septua- and octo- varieties. My strong impression was that he has recently discovered these wonderful words and was desperately keen to flaunt his newly-acquired erudition. Earlier, he interviewed Sven-Göran Eriksson, pronouncing the tricky bit as 'Gore-an', twenty years after the Swede took over the England football team and the rest of us learnt how to 'say it proper'. Rajan, some three months into the slot, also laughs a lot, often inappropriately - almost invariably a sign of nervous insecurity. He's clearly not up to the job and probably knows it himself. But, hey, he's BAME, and the Today line-up is otherwise all-honky (bar the far superior Mishal Husain*), so colour trumps quality, as ever at the BBC. Tediously predictable.

* Interestingly, a granddaughter of the first boss of Pakistan's ISI.
Whilst Amol Rajan is bleeding useless and rather embarrassing, Mishal Husain is IMHO the most offensive interviewer on the Today Programme by a country mile. Her sneering, velveteen tone and continuous interruptions are more irksome than John Humphries at his worst (at least the interviewee could get more than two words out without being interrupted by Humphries). You come away from listening to a Husain interview with no more knowledge than you had before; she must ache for Gotchas, but her machine gun interruptive style prevents the interviewee from saying anything let alone anything interesting or incriminating. I've never heard her move a debate forward. All noise and smug fury, achieving nothing but making herself feel good - she's the journalistic equivalent of that nipple Bray outside Parliament, all she's missing is the top hat and the EU flag.

Oh, I'm no fan of hers, either. I simply pointed out that, in terms of intellect and composure, she seems to be well ahead of Rajan - admittedly nothing to write home about.

O Zangado

War Hero
Whilst Amol Rajan is bleeding useless and rather embarrassing, Mishal Husain is IMHO the most offensive interviewer on the Today Programme by a country mile. Her sneering, velveteen tone and continuous interruptions are more irksome than John Humphries at his worst (at least the interviewee could get more than two words out without being interrupted by Humphries). You come away from listening to a Husain interview with no more knowledge than you had before; she must ache for Gotchas, but her machine gun interruptive style prevents the interviewee from saying anything let alone anything interesting or incriminating. I've never heard her move a debate forward. All noise and smug fury, achieving nothing but making herself feel good - she's the journalistic equivalent of that nipple Bray outside Parliament, all she's missing is the top hat and the EU flag.

Are you not forgetting Martha "You've started so I'll finish" Kearney?

OZ

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer

OZ
How could I? But no, in comparison to Mishal, Martha's irritation quotient barely signifies. It's the sneering condescension that oozes from Husain that really grips my sh1t, I think; that added to her belt fed interruptions makes for a winning combination.

That black cripple in the spack chair who turns his way through travel shows on BBC breakfAst on the weekend. Irritating ugly twat with the most annoying presentation style in humanity.
Ade Adepitan I think. He does have more teeth than is normal but at least he is British, unlike some of the other presenters of that show

Last edited:

OZ
Is she the one who has a constant stream of "Umms" & "Ers"? Most annoying. Webb & Robinson are fine, bring back Humphrys!

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
Ade Adepitan I think. He does have more teeth than is normal but at least he is British, unlike some of the other presenters of that show
You may be right. I don't care about his nationality, though - he's an irritating twat and an incredibly poor communicator, anyone with functioning eyes and ears can identify that unless they're utter mongs themselves; disability and skin colour appear to be the only reasons he's employed by the quota-maniacs in the BBC.

I have a feeling that he might have been a paraolympian

I don't like Rebecca Hutson of GB News. She is too frivolous and would be more at home presenting cretinous swill like loose women

Jon '**** the tories', snow and six bellies krishnan

Smeggers

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Jon **** the tories, Pilger
I suspect pilger pissed away his last shreds of credibility with his observations over the Salisbury poisonings.
Even the guardian is wary of printing his verbal bilge. He is just a sad old hippy in incontinence pants now.

Latest Threads