• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Who is the most irritating Newsreader/Broadcaster or correspodent?

• Thread starter Baldricks Batman
  • Start date
The most irritating news broadcaster I know is Afshin Rattansi . He's not a household name by any means but he is a twat.
He presents a current affairs show on RT. They have an irritatingly large budget (thanks to the Kremlin) and are often filming where I work. He and his crew once tried to interrupt an interview Laura K and I were doing with a Labourite. An altercation ensued followed by the idiot trying to 'interview' me about why I had assaulted his producer. Needless to say (despite his threats) it never appeared on RT.
Is Rattansi the RT presenter who appeared on Question Time? If so I concur he is a twat.
If it was another RT presenter I apologise and can confirm that two RT presenters (and counting) are twats.

The Guardian tells me;
Paradoxically Smithee's greatest success also marked his Waterloo. The name was officially retired by the Directors Guild of America following the release of the 1997 satire Alan Smithee: Burn, Hollywood, Burn, presumably because it had grown too big for its boots.
Apparently the new name is Harry Kirkpatrick.

It was worse than that...

The premise of the film was that the lead character (Eric Idle, I think, and if not him one of the other Pythons) was a Hollywood director whose film had been hijacked by the studio and who thus wished to disassociate himself from it. The problem was that the unhappy director was called Alan Smithee, so... a hour and a half of hilarity as Smithee attempted to be credited under a name other than Alan Smithee was meant to ensue. But didn't.

The film was utterly, utterly crap. The real-life director was so appalled by what emerged, he demanded that his name be taken off the credits. And guess what name was used to credit him instead?

So bemused cinema-goers (not that there were that many for the film) were left thinking that the (fictional) character was credited with directing the film. Some assumed that this was some sort of Pythonesque conceit or an in-joke, others were just utterly confused. The film was roundly panned by the critics and the name 'Alan Smithee' was thought to have gained too much publicity as a result - it was meant to be an insiders' hint that the film director had lost control of the product, or had been over-ruled too often by the studio, etc, etc rather than something which would lead to the audience going 'Oh!' - and was thus retired.

Is Rattansi the RT presenter who appeared on Question Time? If so I concur he is a twat.
If it was another RT presenter I apologise and can confirm that two RT presenters (and counting) are twats.
Yes - he did indeed. He got the boot from Newsnight too.

Sir Trevor (I came from a poor Trinidad background and am never smug or ever remind people of my poor Trinidad background) McDonald OBE, oh, and don't call me Sir Trevor McDonald or mention my OBE, I'll do that that for you, countless times. And I'm not smug!
Did you prefer Trevor MacDoughnut?

df9ae9d7007f3238a7ba8bf956b38f00.jpg

Trevor McDonald is a cnut. Must be nearly 30 years ago now, ITV did a programme (audience participation job) about whether we should abolish the Monarchy. He barely managed to hide his contempt for The Crown, and when the poll didn't go the way he'd clearly hoped, he looked pretty pissed off. Sticks in my mind because a man in the audience mentioned the Enniskillen Remembrance Day bombing.

I find Holly Green, the weather presenter from Meridian Today quite irritating, because as much as I pester her, she won't let me eat her out

Emily Mailtis... still wearing short skirts that show off her thighs if the remote camera tracks around to the side of the News Desk..... yeeeahh!!:eek::p

1521712186812.png

That whiny-voiced Scottish b*tch, Laura Keunsberg (Spelling?); looks like she's chewing on a lemon

That whiny-voiced Scottish b*tch, Laura Keunsberg (Spelling?); looks like she's chewing on a lemon
Very harsh. She's a great girl, likes a drink, is fun and is very good to work with.

By the way, she says to tell you to ' get to fuck, you old bastard' .

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
Trevor McDonald is a cnut. Must be nearly 30 years ago now, ITV did a programme (audience participation job) about whether we should abolish the Monarchy. He barely managed to hide his contempt for The Crown, and when the poll didn't go the way he'd clearly hoped, he looked pretty pissed off. Sticks in my mind because a man in the audience mentioned the Enniskillen Remembrance Day bombing.
When the Monarchy knighted him in 1999, how contemptuous was he then?

Time he went "Underground". Oh wait...

He was about as popular with the audience "as a fart in a space suit"
Is he the one now doing the afternoon slot on Five Live, which is rapidly turning into Radio 1 without the 'music'. So annoying, I always turn the radio off when he is spouting his crap. Also interviewed a number of rappers in recent weeks. Hello! The audience demographic for Five Live predominantly doesn't give two shits about rap music. Boot it back to Radio 1 where it belongs.