Who is the most irritating Newsreader/Broadcaster or correspodent?

@bigeye you kept that one quiet you dirty perv ;);)
It's all cobblers. The cameras in the NN studio are robotic and controlled by a technician He/she maybe a perve but they are not proper cameramen so it doesn't count.

Frank Gardner is particularly irritating. Personifies everything I hate about Ex-Army officers (albeit as a STAB). Comes from the same pompous mould as Andrew 'Plebgate' Mitchell.

He's a very decent bloke.

Anna Botting for her square jaw, **** that annoys me, Chris Skudder for his squinting and Jeremy Thompson for not being able to read the auto-cue thing which results in him talking in bursts of one or two words at a time

As for that Jacquie Beltrao, I'd smash her all over the news set as she needs a dam good thumping, pretty tidy for a 50 year old I'd say.. Obviously, that would all depend upon if she asked nicely, of course.
She can be charming but when she does her pieces stand clear.
The last time I worked with her (outside Wimbledon) she lost her rag and started shouting in all directions. she eventually singled out the sound recordist for some specially choice criticism (I was hiding). Unhappily for Jacquo her tirade happened just after a 'live' and the foaming rant was recorded at base. It was subsequently played back to her and an apology demanded.
There are copies available at Sky News.

It's still that offensively welsh "news"reader on R1 Newsbeat, steffffan something. Brings genocide to my eyes every time he speaks.

Still very irritating
He's pretty tough and insists on trying to stand for live broadcasts.
A colleague of mine, Simon Cumbers, was killed when Frank was shot. Frank looked after the family.

The 'rostrum camera' chappie. There's a name that still pops up. Good question.
Exactly. Including his name in the credits became a bit of a lark for some productions. Quite annoying for the real rostrum bloke I would have thought.

Peston...Can't watch him and his weird intonation and phrasing which makes him difficult to understand plus he's shouty tool as well. Hopefully, one of his guests will get the hump with him, and stab him in the eye with a bic biro live on air.

Now that would be news worth shouting about.

The most irritating news broadcaster I know is Afshin Rattansi . He's not a household name by any means but he is a twat.
He presents a current affairs show on RT. They have an irritatingly large budget (thanks to the Kremlin) and are often filming where I work. He and his crew once tried to interrupt an interview Laura K and I were doing with a Labourite. An altercation ensued followed by the idiot trying to 'interview' me about why I had assaulted his producer. Needless to say (despite his threats) it never appeared on RT.

Carrie Gracie. Ex BBC China correspondent who flounced when she complained of pay discrimination due to her gender. She's all over BBC daytime news now and is a pain to watch. Mangles her words, bizzarely sometimes stops halfway through a word or sentence, freezes at times and looks around mouth half open in a funk as she goes silent as if forgetting what she's doing, it's awful and annoying in equal measure. For me she is the worst of the current crop.

carrie gracie.jpg

He is. I'm not sure if he's still working - his credit appears at the end of shows whether he worked on them on not .
To be honest, I thought that he was a fictitious individual; a kind of generic nom-de-plume employed for some kind of obscure legal or contractual reason.

There's a name used in Hollywood (Alan Smithee, I think) used in credits where the real director wishes to disassociate his name with a production. I believe that it is used where the director perceives that there has been too much outside interference or for other reasons where he considers the end product to be a turkey.

To be honest, I thought that he was a fictitious individual; a kind of generic nom-de-plume employed for some kind of obscure legal or contractual reason.
There's a name used in Hollywood (Alan Smithee, I think) used in credits where the real director wishes to disassociate his name with a production. (Snip)
The Guardian tells me;
Paradoxically Smithee's greatest success also marked his Waterloo. The name was officially retired by the Directors Guild of America following the release of the 1997 satire Alan Smithee: Burn, Hollywood, Burn, presumably because it had grown too big for its boots.
Apparently the new name is Harry Kirkpatrick.