Who is the most irritating Newsreader/Broadcaster or correspodent?

More of a presenter really than a broadcaster but Kate f-ing Humble. The number of otherwise decent documentaries she has ruined, with or without help from Ben f-ing Fogle...

Smacks of "Me! Me! Me! rather than MeToo.
I take my hat off to the camera crew for actually managing not to film her drawers, quite a feat.

This is another example of inherent misandry; women expect to be able to wear revealing clothes to broadcast and still be taken seriously as professionals. What choice of clothes do male presenters have? Suits. With a tie. When Andrew Neil or Nick Ferrari can do their shows in wife-beater vests without criticism or pisstake, we will actually have equality.

Feargal Keane for his appallingly sympathetic reporting of mugabe's recent demise. Made it sound like he was reporting the gentle goings on in a Tory county council, not mass murderers clawing their way towards the trough. I think he is an Irish romantic , sees the IRA as freedom fighters, and think zanu Zappa zoopla zorro and all the rest
Must be real nice folks cos they are freedom fighters too.

Jeremy al Bowen, he tries to come across as an elder statesman, when he is just a cheerleader for all things Palestinian.. Utterly one eyed, doesn't realise there is a whole varied world only a few mm past the end of his own nose.

Orla guerin for much the same reason.

Lyse doucet, the heiress apparent to guerin.

There is some woman on the R4 news shows, with a high strangulated voice that doesn't have the brain power of an amoeba, but they still let her have the microphone to interview people. I'll see if I can get her name....

Anybody playing jazz records on air, and talking reverently in a low voice about some clown with a saxophone that doesn't understand that rhythm is an essential,part of music.

Oh and just let this sink in... John humphreys is paid £600k odd per annum by the BBC for being a pompous, self congratulating left leaning know it all.

Rant over, finished with engines.

Stop press, I think it is Sarah montague.
Don't hold you breath. She now must be the nearest thing to flame-proof this side of asbestos. Having raised herself as the spokesman (spokeschair? charlady?) for equality issues in the BBC, she is now, for all purposes, untouchable.

I imagine that John Humphrys is having to drag himself reluctantly to work these days.

Two really,Kuenssberg for giving me her 'insight' rather than report the news and, Naga Munchetty for mumbling and talking through her nose.

As one of a long line of ex-squaddies, who had their hearing capabilities diminished by a variety of loud noises, I have found BBC Sound to be rubbish, these stupid clip on mikes are bad enough, but when you get women who clip it onto their dress/blouse, it's like someone wearing a throat mike whilst shouting. They talk normally but due to the location of the mike, it picks up a reverb from the body, doesn't happen with the men, just women. Add to that Munchetty's nasal voice and, it's a killer.

Feargal Keane for his appallingly sympathetic reporting of mugabe's recent demise. Made it sound like he was reporting the gentle goings on in a Tory county council, not mass murderers clawing their way towards the trough. I think he is an Irish romantic , sees the IRA as freedom fighters, and think zanu Zappa zoopla zorro and all the rest
Must be real nice folks cos they are freedom fighters too.

Jeremy al Bowen, he tries to come across as an elder statesman, when he is just a cheerleader for all things Palestinian.. Utterly one eyed, doesn't realise there is a whole varied world only a few mm past the end of his own nose.

Orla guerin for much the same reason.

Lyse doucet, the heiress apparent to guerin.

There is some woman on the R4 news shows, with a high strangulated voice that doesn't have the brain power of an amoeba, but they still let her have the microphone to interview people. I'll see if I can get her name....

Anybody playing jazz records on air, and talking reverently in a low voice about some clown with a saxophone that doesn't understand that rhythm is an essential,part of music.

Oh and just let this sink in... John humphreys is paid £600k odd per annum by the BBC for being a pompous, self congratulating left leaning know it all.

Rant over, finished with engines.
Nailed it. I cannot add to that.

John humphreys is paid £600k odd per annum by the BBC for being a pompous, self congratulating left leaning know it all.
I'll give Humpho some leeway. He's grown more like that. I can remember listening to him as the principal presenter during the Dodgy dossier issue and it seems the Beeb may have lobotomised him

Sally Taylor from BBC South particularly irritates me.
She has this aura of being a demanding high-maintenance diva about her

Not a correspondent, newsreader BUT a broadcaster.
And an irritating cnut.

The television presenter Ant McPartlin has reportedly been arrested on suspicion of drink-driving.

The co-star of Ant and Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway is said to have been involved in a collision with two other cars while he was driving his Mini in Richmond, west London, on Sunday afternoon.

He is alleged to have failed a roadside breathalyser test and was arrested. He has since been released under investigation.

The Metropolitan police said a child who was a passenger in one of the cars was taken to hospital to be checked over as a precaution.

Ant McPartlin 'arrested on suspicion of drink-driving'

It’s a good thing nobody listens to the World Service. R4 pipes it before 6am and its done by a team of impressionists with the worst Idi Amin accents. I’m sure one day i’ll hear “...de main problem wid de Ugandan Navy is we ain’t got no sea.”
John Bird walt!

For those that have no idea what you are talking about, listen below.

Sorry for the thread drift, but they are one of the funniest things to ever be broadcast IMHO.

The BBC reporter, Hugh Sykes, takes some beating for being annoying. He's worked for the BBC forever and has probably put in some sterling work over the years.

However, there is one thing that seldom fails to annoy me. He pops up in various hotspots throughout the world, where he invariably does a vox pop with locals. He'll start the interview with three or four words he's picked up of whatever the local language happens to be and then quickly reverts to English (requiring a post-production edited translation). He is not engaging with the interviewee as there must surely be an interpreter present for any interaction to work. It's just showing off, really.

He reminds me of the bore who has picked up a few words of Italian while on holiday in Tuscany and who insists on ordering for everyone else in a trattoria back in Kensington. The attempt is embarrassing, confusing to all and generally ends up with everyone being served with something that they didn't want.

OK she does the weather - she is a broadcaster. If she is “doing” the weather she may as well be “doing” me. I fail to listen to a word she says for drooling. Now it’s not her fault and an easy fix is watching BBC ... but I can’t help myself... so if it rains I get wet and if it doesn’t I take a brolly.