Who is the mong?

Who is the mong?

• Total voters
You're right, things change, attitudes change.
But it seems to me that taking the fun out of literally everything will eventually sanitize society and turn everybody into a soulless, humourless automatron, afraid to say or do anything that some professional victim may be outraged about.
Welcome to the modern army. The shit I had to go through to get the bar opened early for Offrs to Sgts a couple of years ago. i was accused of all sorts, ‘bringing back the bad old days, encouraging an alcohol culture...’ all I wanted was to open it at 1400 hrs.

Welcome to the modern army. The shit I had to go through to get the bar opened early for Offrs to Sgts a couple of years ago. i was accused of all sorts, ‘bringing back the bad old days, encouraging an alcohol culture...’ all I wanted was to open it at 1400 hrs.
I did a stint as B Squadron barman, late eighties.
The shit I had to go through to close it every now and then so that I could sleep, eat and re-stock....

:biggrin:

I did a stint as B Squadron barman, late eighties.
The shit I had to go through to close it every now and then so that I could sleep, eat and re-stock....

:biggrin:

Putting you in charge of the bar was clearly not the SSM's best decision

A thankless job, but one I never had to do as, a) I was a sproggy Nig, b) I would have drunk all my own stock without paying.

Putting you in charge of the bar was clearly not the SSM's best decision

A thankless job, but one I never had to do as, a) I was a sproggy Nig, b) I would have drunk all my own stock without paying.
Haha, the amount of times the guard were called out to close the bar, and then ended up on the pi55 with the rest of us :biggrin:
Remember that time we all climbed down the fire escape when we heard the orderly sgt was on his way over?
That boring little marathon man from Recce Troop?
I locked the door from the inside, then once he'd gone everybody bombed back in through the window.
How I left that regiment with an exemplary in my red book is beyond my comprehension.

Latest Threads