Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the mong?

Who is the mong?

• Total voters

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Squaddies are a disaster waiting to happen. We've been doing daftness since day one. This sort of thing used to happen all the time. I don't understand why it was reported. I know that his injury meant a visit to the medics, but in my experience the medics never always got told the truth and probably didn't care anyway.
I think this might have got the medics a little worried!
1600794866655.png

Now, who is the biggest cretin here - Was it the Cpl for opting to do the fire-walk when he could have sung the song, or the major for dissembling in the report and turning an accident into an integrity issue?

Are you Ex-Cavalry?

ste14w

Old-Salt
Are you Ex-Cavalry?
I'm struggling with this one Cav. Squaddies + booze = lunacy. Simple. No need to ask questions about it. Do you remember when my car 'spontaneously combusted' at the back of D sqn block one Saturday night? It took less than three minutes for the usual suspects to turn up with yellow handbags, bratties, chairs and a boogie box.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
The most ridiculous part of this tale is:

Following the speech] range targets were burnt in a fire pit. All the ranks attending were allowed to drink within the two can rule.

Like fuck!!

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Do you think he will be promoted and sent to RMAS to serve soup and apologise a lot?
As long as he’s not OIC Barbeque.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I wonder if the Cpl will be hotfooting it to a compo lawyer
Hmm. “Have you had an injury THATS NOT YOUR FAULT:???:
I think he’s fallen over at this hurdle as well.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
I don't understand why there is a problem here. If I read this correctly, they were having a 'smoker', a traditional Endex pi55 up around a firepit. Lots of beer, lots of drunken testosterone, lots of stupidity. We used to do it all the time. I caught fire one time when I jumped the pit, the lads covered me in Herfy and stamped the flames out. It's what squaddies do. Apart form the Major being economical with the truth, what's the issue?
Some twat nearly died that’s the fecking issue.

Oh and they lost/ate a fecking big horse by all accounts.

ste14w

Old-Salt
Some twat nearly died that’s the fecking issue.

Oh and they lost/ate a fecking big horse by all accounts.
Nearly dying doesn't count. The horse is the Regimental mascot. The 'mascot' that was lost was a cuddly toy joke mascot. But i think you're right, they probably ate that.

Did the major get hauled over the coals for failing to conduct a risk assessment?

Or just for hauling the corporal over the coals?

I'm struggling with this one Cav. Squaddies + booze = lunacy. Simple. No need to ask questions about it. Do you remember when my car 'spontaneously combusted' at the back of D sqn block one Saturday night? It took less than three minutes for the usual suspects to turn up with yellow handbags, bratties, chairs and a boogie box.

Indeed I do.

Plus the RMP Poirot who decided that had found the motive

Monkey: "You did this for the insurance didn't you?"
ste14w: "I don't think so mate, the car wasn't insured!"

That's how I remember it anyway

he's lost the mascot again?

that's careless for you

ste14w

Old-Salt
Indeed I do.

Plus the RMP Poirot who decided that had found the motive

Monkey: "You did this for the insurance didn't you?"
ste14w: "I don't think so mate, the car wasn't insured!"

That's how I remember it anyway
Hahaha, yep, I remember that now :) Oh how I giggled as I was thrown into the back of that RMP Cavalier...

Latest Threads