Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is the mong?

Who is the mong?

• Total voters
Excellent mongness all round.

I am trying to classify this display of mongery. Not easy.

It could be “gestalt mongness” where the two sets of individual mongery are greater than the sum of the parts.

Or it could be “Boolean mongery” where the two sets of mongery overlap.

Or possibly “compound mongery” where mongness 1 is compounded by mongness 2.

Or even serial, consequential or cascaded mongery.

It’s a poser.

The Corporal was lucky. If it had been Parachute Regiment, it might have been a choice between singing a song or eating peculiarly flavoured biscuits.

Could the corporal’s mongery be regarded as a self-inflicted injury and therefore subject to disciplinary procedures?

I recall squaddies in Oz being punished for getting sunstroke/sunburn at the pool in Roberts Barracks.

BratMedic

LE
Book Reviewer
I would like to know what the mascot tasted like.

Chef

LE
The mascot, called 'lassie' apparently

As-the-drummer’s-hands-are-other-wise-engaged-Alamein-has-had-to-be-taught-to-be-steered-by-hi...jpg

Short for Lasagne Uhu Pritstick.

It occured to me reading the article...

It was a "squadron mascot" - probably a stuffed toy or something previously nicked from a bar in Germany...

Singing the regimental anthem would have been the easy / cowardly way out ,but running the fire pit whilst pissed was not smart .

ste14w

War Hero
I don't understand why there is a problem here. If I read this correctly, they were having a 'smoker', a traditional Endex pi55 up around a firepit. Lots of beer, lots of drunken testosterone, lots of stupidity. We used to do it all the time. I caught fire one time when I jumped the pit, the lads covered me in Herfy and stamped the flames out. It's what squaddies do. Apart form the Major being economical with the truth, what's the issue?

I don't understand why there is a problem here. If I read this correctly, they were having a 'smoker', a traditional Endex pi55 up around a firepit. Lots of beer, lots of drunken testosterone, lots of stupidity. We used to do it all the time. I caught fire one time when I jumped the pit, the lads covered me in Herfy and stamped the flames out. It's what squaddies do. Apart form the Major being economical with the truth, what's the issue?

The issue I suspect is Squaddies+ booze+ fire= a disaster waiting to happen. Compounded by a very grown up trying to cover his arse, when the shit hit the fan.

ste14w

War Hero
The issue I suspect is Squaddies+ booze+ fire= a disaster waiting to happen. Compounded by a very grown up trying to cover his arse, when the shit hit the fan.
Squaddies are a disaster waiting to happen. We've been doing daftness since day one. This sort of thing used to happen all the time. I don't understand why it was reported. I know that his injury meant a visit to the medics, but in my experience the medics never always got told the truth and probably didn't care anyway.

Latest Threads