• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Who is the Funniest?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/tv_and_radio/3596628.stm

TOP FUNNIEST BRITS
1. Tommy Cooper
2. Peter Kay
3. Billy Connolly
4. Morecambe and Wise
5. Bob Monkhouse
6. Ken Dodd
7. Roy 'Chubby' Brown
8. (equal) Norman Wisdom
8. (equal) Les Dawson
10. Lee Evans
11. (equal) David Jason
11. (equal) Dawn French
13. (equal) Jim Davidson
13. (equal) Rowan Atkinson
15. Benny Hill
16. Jasper Carrott
17. Lenny Henry
18. Spike Milligan
19. John Cleese
20. (equal) Eddie Izzard
20. (equal) Freddie Starr
the fez headed one really funnier than the big yin?
Shouldn’t Spike Miligan be a bit higher?
Only one Python!

Discuss.

Bob Monkhouse, Les Dawson??? Whilst they're at it why not add Des O'Connor and Bruce Forsyth for a full house ??

Peter Kay - No.1 (Roller Cola, put big light on, cheeeeese.... cake :lol: :lol: :lol: )

John Cleese should be much higher!

Lot of old timers in there..... i would have had:
Matt Lucas aka Little Britain
The League of Gentlemen lot (local village for local people :lol:)
Johnny Vegas
Ricky Gervais (although i think he's sold out now going state side)

Tony Hancock and Andy Hamilton ("Old Harry's Game") should be in there too.

Joyce Grenfell and Victoria Wood are both MUCH funnier than Dawn French.

Anyway, Peter Sellers should top the list on the basis of "Balham - Gateway to the South" alone.

Milligan and cleese should be 1 and 2 respectively ! closely followed by peter Kay.

Milligans memoires are probably the funniest thing I have ever read - funnier than "kin ell been heavy etc ..", and thats saying something.

Monty Python and Faulty Towers - Class brit TV.

T'internet and Bread wi garlic - nuff said

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Taken from the first page i turned to in "Milligans War" pg 109

Spike Milligan said:
The evening of the 25th April. The Major called us all around his tent, he was well disposed to the world and his fellow men via a distillery in Kirkinttilloch in Scotland. In contempt of the Hun he ordered a bonfire to be lit, gathered us around and told us, "the last battle is nigh, Alexander has offered unconditional surrender", or a watery grave, we`ll give him Dunkirk without the evacuation facilities. Now lets have a song.' We sang, there was the smell of victory in the air. Next day, we heard that the 8th Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders had taken Longstop at Bayonet point in one incredibly heroic charge, led by Major John Anderson, who was awarded the VC. Three days of slaughter for the peak had ended. Almost immediately we got orders for a hurried move to take up new positions somewhere on Longstop. In the rush Edington hands me a piece of paper. It read: Stalins Order of the day,

(a) Two Lagers.
(b) Packet of Crisps.
(c) Stalingrad.

"This is vital information, comrade edgington, this must never fall into enemy hands, it must also not fall into enemy feet, teeth, legs or ears, this must be burnt and you must swallow the ashes,' I said, whereupon he snatched the paper, and ate it!
"Delicious," he said.
"Thats called The Readers Digest" I said.
:lol: :lol:

Tabs said:
7. Roy 'Chubby' Brown
Keeping Staffords entertained since - what, 1975 or so? Still, gives the poor lads the chance to sit down for a while in front of a vid and take the weight off their knuckles.

Latest Threads