Who is the Antichrist?Is he alive and well?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Devil_Dog, Oct 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A few Sundays ago, our normally placid Pastor went on a theological rampage.His theme of the week was the "antichrist", a theme,I suspect, that was borne of the fact that the movie "The Omen" will be coming out on DVD pretty soon.

It got me thinking.So who is this fecker "the antichrist?"

A quick perusal of the Bible did not yield any real clues.So I (horror of horrors) turned to the Koran, which led me to Wikipedia.(Islam , ironically, provides more information about this subject than Christianity does and if Wiki is to be believed, there is a time in the future when Muslims and Christians will live side by side in peace with each other,with one side holding the door and saying to the other, "you first,Sir."

Which in turn led me to a certain nutcase called Jerry Falwell.

So, what is Arrse's interpretation of the antichrist?

Don't hold back.It's not like he is watching.

2. MDN is the Antichrist........He's just waiting to be released from the pit
  3. David Hasselhoff is the Antichrist apparently

Somebody did take lots of time posting this shite so you could at least have the decency of giving it a glance.

Don't blame me, I only found it and it is total utter shite.
    Mind you so is David Hasselhoff.
  4. You silly twisted boy!!! Everyone knows that George W Bush is the Antichrist, as was his father before him, and Ronnie Reagan before that, and Tricky Dicky, and LBJ. Some people I work with think that dear old Baroness Thatcher was also the antichrist but they know deep inside that they will burn in hell for eternity for such sacreligeous thoughts.
  5. George the Shrub can't be the antichrist because he is a shape changing lizard.

David Icke says this is true so it must be.

6. I am and so's my wife.............

I'll get my coat.
  7. When the new Omen came out they did a "Curse of the Omen" about the making of the first one and all the accidents that supposedly occurred.

Anyway, they did expound a theory of who the antichrist actually is. Here is the paragraph about the number of the beast for ease of reference then I will put in what they think it means....

"And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six."

The guys on the program said that in old Hebrew text each letter had a number associated with it, and in that alphabet the letter associated with 6 was "W"

Hence www and if you think the bit about the buying and selling bit and how much e-commerce goes on it's an interesting theory. Considering before I apply for a job with a company or have any dealings with them in other ways I usually Google them. I'm fairly sure that with the exception of local pubs and little supermarkets that open late, and bearing in mind that a large number of people live in so-called "commuter villages" (I did for a bit) if you dont have a website you dont get business.

Personally I am of the opinion as well that "666" = "MDN" :-D

father stab
  8. You missed a bit :)

17and that no one may be able to buy, or to sell, except he who is having the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Now as all barcodes/chip&pin etc have the 666 in it as well as it being WWW I think we are fcuked!

9. sound like anybody we know...?

10. The anti-Christ is alive and well and is my 2 year old son. Nothing anybody can say can convince me otherwise.
  11. This site gives what is a generally accepted teaching amongst mainstream Christians on The Antichrist. The author is a well read author and is published by a well respected Christian publishing house too. He's more readable than many of the academic studies on the Internet.

Generally accepted Christian view on The Antichrist

John is the writer behind the prophecies in Revelation. Revelation is a book about end times, including the prophecy that money will eventually be exchanged via numbers only, on the skin, and those without these numbers will struggle to trade. A prohecy that as a young 'un in church I couldn't fathom, but can see now perfectly well how barcodes can bring this prophecy about. Makes me sit up and take note, anyway.
  12. Anarchy In The UK (Cook / Jones / Matlock / Rotten)

Ha, ha, ha

I am an antichrist
    I am an anarchist
    Don't know what I want
    But I know how to get it
    I wanna destroy passer by
    Cause I
    Wanna be
    No dogs body

Anarchy for the UK
    It's coming sometime and maybe
    I give a wrong time stop at traffic line
    Your future dream is a shopping scheme

Cause I
    I wanna be

In the city

How many ways to get what you want
    I use the best
    I use the rest
    I use the enemy
    I use anarchy

Cause I
    Wanna be

It’s the only way to be

Is this the MPLA
    Or is this the UDA
    Or is this the IRA
    I thought it was the UK
    Or just
    Another council tenancy

I wanna be

And I wanna be
    Know what I mean
    And I wanna be

Get pissed

Courtesy of the Sex Pistols.
  13. Cat Stevens?
  14. In a rare moment of introspect today while I was eating lunch ( a bar of cadbury's chocolate washed down with a half a bottle of left over beer from yeaterday, if you really have to know) I came to the following conclusion:

According to the site provided by BoomShackerLacker
    http://www.intouch.org/myintouch/exploring/bible_says/end_times/antichrist_148695.html the antichrist will be a political leader.

Now.Who is better placed to assume a role that will appeal to all humanity regardless of country race or religion?Common sense tells me it will not be a future president of the United States (GW has already seen to that.It will be a cold day in hell before the world puts it's confidence in another US president any time soon.)

It will not be the Pope.The fact that he is Christian precludes this.Muslims will NOT trust him, nor will a whole spate of protestants who see the papacy as a blatantly sacrilegious institution.The other major religious groups do not take him seriously enough to be swayed by any of his arguments.

It will not be the head of the EU.The thought that an organisation as big and rich as the EU could not write a constitution that could be passed, left me in a fit of laughter that led to my dismal of it as a breeding ground of the anti christ.

Which led me into a state of deeper meditation (you'll be surprised what a combination of 300 calories of that sugar coated pleasure called chocolate and stale beer will do to your thought process.)

"Eureka!!" I screamed in an orgasmic moment of realisation.How could I have been so blind? How could the world have been so blind?I urgently looked around hoping to bless some soul with my new found status as a modern day prophet but my living room was deserted save for the lone fly buzzing above the kitchen sink.

I sunk further back into my sofa.It was so clear.The only person with a platform big enough to reach a worldwide audience was : The Secretary General of the United Nations.

Think about it.The SecGen is the closest thing the world has to a world president.It will not be Annan.It is certainly not going to be the S Korean bozo they just elected.Maybe the next guy after that?

After this world shaking revelation, I beat the proverbial monkey and took a well deserved nap.Not before I found this: