Who Is Online?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Acid_Tin, May 31, 2004.

1. Yes - it's very handy

2. No - I couldn't care less

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As many of you will recall, the old ARRSE presented information at the left hand side of the screen telling everyone who was online at any given time, by user name.

The purpose of this poll is to identify if there is sufficient interest in resurrecting this level of functionality.

If we get enough interest, it will return.

Please vote accordingly. :D
  2. Nemesis spotting always good to help formulate tone of response to pique level of argument......... :twisted:
  3. thought it was at the bottom of the forums page now - though that seems to say there are 24 people online whilst the front page says 84!
  4. OK my membership list has totally vanished now.

Its not at the bottom of the Forums page, anyone help me with where it has gone??
  5. The online list on the forum page, only shows those viewing the forum page i.e won't list those in chat, the gallery etc
  6. BAD CO said yesterday that it showed everyone.

Anyway still doesnt tell me why it has vanished, surely it should just say no on online???
  7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

I'm afraid TWS is right - it only shows those in the forum. This is normally pretty much everyone though!

What bit has vanished?
  8. Thanks Bad,

But for me the list of members at the bottom of the forums page has all vanished maybe it is to with my browser, but i didnt happen pre crash.

Anyway, not a big problem and ill check it when i get home tonight to see if it is something to do with my puter.

9. You used to be able to see who was online on the LHS of the login screen, under 'People Online'.

Any possibility we can have it back - it's great for being able to spot your enemies (as BBC alludes to!)

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK. Point taken. I'll put it back on Monday as I have no access to the site mechanics at the moment.
  11. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

OK, I aim to please. Complete with little flags etc, which is different if nothing else. The users online will be updated hourly unless someone actually logs in or our, rather than leaving themselves logged in and using the site from time to time. I can't change that.
  12. why've i got a question mark next to my name? everyone know's who Bert is

? Bert
  13. Very Nifty :)

Well at least it pasted after this, hence my two posts

Failed sending email :: PHP ::

Line : 270
    File : /net/www/arrse/html/includes/emailer.php
  14. Very Nifty, I like it :D
  15. very very nice :D