Who is in charge?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by sid101, May 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, im chatting to some 'law' student, who assure me that the armed forces is not actually loyal to the queen but to parliament?
    Im fairly sure, when we sign up we sign up to serve the Monarch? And they are the Commander and Chief? So, The Queen can also declare war if she decided to?
    Anyone want to clear this up for me, i seem to have hit a dead end on google and you guys ushally know some crap..
    Thanks. :eek:
  2. It's actually the lizard people who're in charge. It's true, David Icke told me.
  3. Parliament is in charge, we may all have been attested and MP's pledge loyalty to HMQ but in reality it's HM's will exercised through Parliament.
  4. Parliaments power is only De Facto, granted my HM technically?
  5. I thought that Gunnery Sgt Hartman was in charge.
  6. The oath of loyalty is to the Crown for both members of HM's Armed Forces and for MPs (it's why Sinn Feinners don't take up their seats as they will not take the oath). So there it's a non question really: a dirction from HM Government carries royal authority.

And makes it possible to respect the office of PM even if you cannot stand any particular incumbent.
  7. The wombles are in charge, I know, I've been to Wimbledon :dead:
  8. Step away from your dobber Drag :)
  9. least I use a dobber..................not me t1ts :D
  10. You would be rather disappointed if I never used my tits, considering the amount of time you take looking at them when I frequent London :)
  11. I suppose being from Cornwall you go to marvel at the lights that work without fire, and water that comes out of metal pipes and not from a well?
  12. Candles darling candles :) Oh and to see those things they call motor cars.
  13. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Over-rated. They're not that much different from tractors.
  14. terroratthepicnic

terroratthepicnic LE Reviewer Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Runners

When did Drag get a dobber?
    I always thought that a dobber would effect his ability to stare at tits and beer. I always assumed he used his elbows to type.

You learn something new every day.
  15. Is the Law student fit?