• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

who is banjo-tw@t???

were legs and and my questions disrepectful?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
imagine my suprise when i opened my PMs this AM and found this from "banjotrooper"

Got a proposition for you! Are you man enough to talk the mother of Stephen Rosterick ( Last soldier to be shot in dead in NI)? Spoke to her last night and she would be prepared to talk to you and try to understand your negative response to fallen British Soldiers in NI!
anybody know who he is? smacks of journo to me??? all beware!

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
goon_bde said:
imagine my suprise when i opened my PMs this AM and found this from "banjotrooper"

Got a proposition for you! Are you man enough to talk the mother of Stephen Rosterick ( Last soldier to be shot in dead in NI)? Spoke to her last night and she would be prepared to talk to you and try to understand your negative response to fallen British Soldiers in NI!
anybody know who he is? smacks of journo to me??? all beware!
I got exactly the same one! did you make a negative response? All I did was ask where the links were!!

legs,

that's exactly what i did too....check your pm?

have you seen the most recent posts on his NI thread....

how do we award him an 'oxygen thief' tag?

morning DB! irony is, i think that he went to the same school as me?

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Notice that he's failed to reply to my (our) last post on the subject. He just sends me PMs! He can't stand the fact that he is wrong!

legs,

can you do that clever cut'n'paste thing in here with our questions, like in the other post

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
What - this one? Happy to oblige. We have nothing to be ashamed of!

Legs said:
Legs said:
banjotrooper said:
Just read, the British Army, lost 103 KIA in N.Ireland in 1972, with nearly 1500 wounded. Can you imagine the uproar if this happened today! Some grim facts and figures here if anyone interested?
Uh... where are the facts and figures?
banjotrooper said:
Here they are! The British Army in Northern Ireland, by Lt Col Michael Dewar RGJ. Have casualty lists, numbers, names etc. The other side had 98 killed! There were also 10628 reported shootings and 1853 bombings.
goon_bde said:
erm , they're not..post the link dufus!
This is what has upset Banjotrooper. Can anyone understand why, 'cos it's got me stumped?

He started a thread on killing zones in 1970's BAOR says he was part of 3RTR, I have only heard of 1 and 2 RTR,being an ex gunner I might be wrong.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Doesn't explain the personal attacks (see top of thread) on Goon_Bde and myself though does it?

I wonder if he's man enough to talk to a few ARRSERS in person to try to understand our dislike of journalists?

I for one would have a word in his eye!

He started a thread on killing zones in 1970's BAOR says he was part of 3RTR, I have only heard of 1 and 2 RTR,being an ex gunner I might be wrong.
i believe they were disbanded about 14yrs ago

Can't help you there, however i posted a thread on the subject but received no negatives from him.

Having just read the posts that Legs and Goon posted I find it hard to understand the abuse directed their way. For someone to enter the site, and in some of their first posts abuse someone's integrity for simply asking an honest question leads me to believe that Banjo is best avoided.

if you're wondering what all the fuss is about, this was banjo-tw@t's response...

banjotrooper said:
Buster, don,t rise mate! Losers like Legs and Goon, get off on comments like that, but hey! Maybe we are abit old in the tooth, but we have the T shirt and walked the walk! I would of thought members of this forum, would remember and salute fallen British Soldiers whenever and where ever! These 2 sad barstewards, might just remember in the future, there are parents of fallen NI & ELSEWHERE here on this site also! :evil:

goon_bde said:
i believe they were disbanded about 14yrs ago
Thanks for making me feel really old! When I joined there was still 4RTR (got 'amalgamated' with 1RTR under Options for Change, and 3RTR merged with 2RTR).

i note 3 'yes' votes, but no comments???

1 - Banjotw@t
2 - Busterknob
3 - Their gay lover?