Who hates Office 2007

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by meridian, Mar 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

2. Been using it a while now and hated it for the first six months. Have to admit that it's grown on me and is much better than Office 2003.

It's just a matter of perseverance - hang on in there.
  3. I have used Word/Excel since they first came out on windows. Initially, I hated 2007, now I love it, and reckon it is quicker to use. I really like the fact that I can have nice big spreadsheets.

NB: Jesus - I have just read what I have written and am going to go and shoot myself. Sad git.
  4. Don’t know haven’t been given a free copy of it yet :twisted:
  5. meridian

meridian LE Good Egg (charities)

I still use both but without sounding like a right twot I am quite an advanced user so have a lot of invested time in the old menus, I know where everything is. Perhaps perserverance is the answer as you suggest
  6. The logic behind the ribbon is that it was found that although the options and capabilities of Office have exapanded exponentially over the various versions these options are rarely used because they are hidden away behind toolbars. The ribbon was designed to improve the access to these options and to show them in a highly visible and instantly appliable way.

That was the blurb we were given anyway and to be honest using Office 2007 seems to bear this out - at least in my experience, I use options I wouldn't be bothered to search for otherwise.

Looks like a usefull tool for advanced users though, then again if you were a 'proper' advanced user you'd just be using the shortcut keys and not bothering with the mouse at all.... :wink:

Edited to add: BTW, If your company decides to use the communicator, livemeeting and shared calendar options in Outlook be prepared for a massive memory hit as well. I wouldn't install it on a PC with less than 2GB memory anyway.
  7. Leveller, report to my cupboard under the stairs and i'll dish out you a copy and as many licenses as you can eat, no feckin use to use. been issued it, unfortunately it don't work on NT4 systems and we're a good 6 months (years?) from getting any form of DII at this location.
  8. Please tell me this is a wah........? 8O
  9. Ok it's only a limited number of licenses and supposedly for use with some laptops I believe as DII will obviously have it's own licenses incorporated. Still the issue remains, we have no stand alone laptops and don't see why or where they may come from. until such time the Software Box license will remain under lock and key
  10. I meant, you're not actually using NT4 workstations are you?
  11. Beat me to it, but dead right. I have heard so many complaints about the recent version of MS Office. Probably like you, I use Open Office. It's brilliant, I bought my copy, on CD for £5. Beat that Microsoft suckers.
  12. ill take on if u have spare i had a copy but the rug rat thought it was a toy ffs
  13. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

(Actually I'm lying, I use pico if I have to edit on *nix)
  14. Or download it for free. I've been using MS Office (well, or it's predecessors) since the early 1990s at work and OpenOffice does it all at home for free.