Who has the most holidays

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Outstanding, Feb 9, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK lets be honest here, who is the laziest nation? Is it really the Brits?

2. I'm pretty sure it's the Danes, we get roughly six weeks annual holiday, plus bank holidays (and there are more of them here than in the UK).

It's great!

3. Santa - 364 flippin days a year. :lol:

4. Holidays, right perhaps I should have been more direct and who is the laziest nation - does that make it easier?

5. You have got to be joking, have you never been to:-

Spain
    Portugal
    Mexico
    India
    Ireland

6. More public holidays than most nations.........despite fifth largest economy still well down the league table for productivity..... a national penchent for closing down everything due to fog, rain, snow, leaves on the line.......Hmmm, no we don't do the siesta thing but there again we don't tend to extend working hours well into the evening as many of the latin nations do........but we do have huge numbers of folk off sick with "stress" and seem obsessed with the "long hours culture" ......... Lets try some comparisons: USA has far less public holidays and works longer hours with a resultant higher output......France works less hours but has marginally higher output.......Are we keeping this thing as a Western European thing or are we going to branch off into Africa and the Middle East? Well, most ME states would seem to be prime contenders for the lazy b'stard trophy but, if one takes Ku*ait or some other equally non-identified state, the idleness quotent is is high if you are a resident, 4001st prince of the realm but the word idleness word is unknown if you are a Bangladeshi immigent worker scratching out a living........Some African nations: idle. Other African nations: bone idle, but when you're on the verge of starvation theres not too much incentive to tote that bale..... I guess that in summary, man is in general terms, lazy and only fear of retribution will make man work hard for a living.... and why should he when there are women willing to do so....

7. Hardly think Ireland qualifies as ' lazy ' given its economy and business growth as a high performer among all the EU nations...

8. But which multinational HQ of any importance is it in exactly?

9. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Very easy - Greeks, specifically Greek Cypriots

10. Lollipop Men: they don't start their working life until they are sixty five.

11. Belgiansare pretty steady at being on National Business

12. Okay holiday themes etc.

For all our comaraden etc nichts britisher do you do anything in your
    Unit before the Xmas leave.
    For example this week we had the carol service and today we had
    our big meat draw (Didn't win again for the second year running)

13. In Europe its without a doubt Ukranians or Russians. Always some holiday of something or other. More now that old orthodox holidays are side by side with leftovers from the SU. In August work is nonexistent.

In fact work in general seems nonexistent there. I've seen the lazy b*st*rds leave jobs unfinished for weeks in Kiev and St. Pete's, ignore deadlines and sit around and BS all day. But come the weekends they work like friggin' illegal Mexicans in the US (ie very hard) on their own holiday dachas.

14. I was thinking more about the differing work ethics of our brothers in Arms in NATO.