Who has tested positive for covid?

Have you ever tested positive for covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 87 64.0%

• Total voters
My niece tested positive on Monday, so that will mean my sisters family will probably catch it as well.
Which means they will most probably have a bit of a runny nose, maybe a sore throat, they might even feel a bit lethargic, or perhaps have no symptoms at all.

That's how deadly Omicron is.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
Which means they will most probably have a bit of a runny nose, maybe a sore throat, they might even feel a bit lethargic, or perhaps have no symptoms at all.

That's how deadly Omicron is.
Yeah...and if I hadn't been vaccinated I'd have been hospitalised.
I'm still not right, tight chest, fatigued, sore throat etc..

And I'm fit and healthy.
It hits different people in different ways. One of the neighbours has had it, laid in bed for 48 hours, now right as rain with no ill effects.

Yeah...and if I hadn't been vaccinated I'd have been hospitalised.
I'm still not right, tight chest, fatigued, sore throat etc..

And I'm fit and healthy.
It hits different people in different ways. One of the neighbours has had it, laid in bed for 48 hours, now right as rain with no ill effects.
Knocked me flat for three days last week. Can’t believe how much I slept. Still got no energy a week on.

I'm one of the vast majority who get it very mildly indeed. Had much worse hangovers, and flu, and didn't even have to take a day off work when I was infected (was working remotely at the time). Right as rain after about 4 days, and my only symptoms were a high temp, sore throat, bit of fatigue and awesome hallucinations at night (from the high temp). Mine was most likely Alpha or Delta variant (about a year ago now), and thankfully no days spent 'in bed', and had no vaccinations at the time.

Still think I had it in December 2019.
However, the mrs and I are both fully jabbed and boosted, we both had what I thought was it in December 2019.
Nothing then until last Thursday I had symptoms and tested positive friday morning. Felt a bit crap all day Friday and half of Saturday (very lethargic) coughing slightly runny nose etc. Sunday fine and now still fine. I have had worse colds.
Then The Mrs starts coughing Monday this week and she has now tested positive on Tuesday (PCR, all the LFT she did was negative). She felt crap for 24 hours now she just has a slight cough and is fine, even doing the washing again (thank ****).
Most of my immediate family have now had it including my mum (92) again who only had a bad cold with it but felt lethargic for a few days. 2 of My kids have had it (23 and 31) and they again just had a cold.
I think the Omicron is a LOT easier to have than the Flu but hey thats just my take on what I have seen.

RZer0

LE
We had in our house in October, there was outbreak at my daughters school, school asked parents if they could get their kids tested (PCR), my daughters came back positive so we had to take her out the school on the Weds, my wife and son tested positive when they did the LFT and mine came back on negative. We did PCR test on the Thurs and we all came back positive.
It knocked me about a bit, Sunday was when it really hit, my wife was more like heavy cold same for my son (11).
I'm still feeling the affects of it now, smell is still off. Peoples farts etc smell like garlic, over Christmas all I could smell was burning all the time which is sign of things repairing themselves, taste is a bit hit and miss, some things still have no flavour, all I can taste sometimes, is if its sweet or savoury etc.
Brain fog was pretty bad as well, people would be talking to me and I would just zone out and my fav was putting dishwasher tablets into the washing machine and other odd stuff like not being able to play the guitar for some reason, the fog cleared up over Christmas so I'm thinking straight again (I hope).
Ive had to stop drinking as well, every time I have a drink I get light headed for a couple of days afterwards regardless of the amount I drink.
Peeing as well, the strength of my flow was no more than trickle, I would have to sit down to pee, that lasted until just after xmas.
The effect it had on my son was it left him tired all the time, he was coming in from school after doing PE and Basketball as part the schools after school clubs, he would walk in and just crash on the sofa, which isn't like him at all, its normally in then straight on to his Playstation to shout abuse at his mates, he has gotten better since Xmas and is back to his normal self, my wife has been feeling meh since catching it but is getting back to normal.
My little girl, nothing not even sniffle.

Edit to add, me and wife were double jabbed at the time.

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer
The taste thing. Cider, tastes like weak vinegar. Eeurgh.
Appetite has fallen off the edge of a cliff. I can only eat a small amount and I feel full.
Tired all the time.
Smell.. a bit hit and miss.

TotalBanker

Old-Salt
I tested positive last april, so probably delta variant. I had 2 weeks holiday off work, second week due to be a family holiday in cornwall. fine for first week when i was at home, i drove parents (in their car) to conrwall and about 5 minutes after i started driving my nose started to run like a tap and didnt stop all day, along with sneezing. same symptoms day after, albeit with less volume. Monday felt better, but was suggested i take a covid test (at this point assumed was hayfever). anyway, tested positive, so did entire family although they had no symptoms. Only one of us who tested negative was brother in laws mum who was on chemo, so i presume had a thoroughly shot immune system (as is mine, for different reasons), so she was the lucky one! Had the test where you have to drive somewhere and staff came to the car, that was positive as well, so home again and isolated.
Am thankful that my worst symptom was a very runny nose!

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Cant get test kits for love nor money, been out of stock for over three weeks !!

I'm self isolating right now; had cough, felt dozy/tired, runny nose for a bit, got a positive result after being tested on 07th and results in 8th, in a cheap hotel bumming around until I get an all clear.

In India the home test kits are like 4 for 8 quid and just ordered some more.

Cant get test kits for love nor money, been out of stock for over three weeks !!
Apparently its the time you apply for them that matters. Around 1100hrs is good ive been told.

I was speaking to a friend today; she had 11 of her family around for Christmas dinner. All took a test before they met up.

As Christmas day progressed her mum-in-law started feeling ill and had to leave. She later tested positive for covid.

And over the next few days 8 of the 11 guests there all tested positive, including her 90 year old granny.

Her granny had no symptoms what-so-ever.

RZer0

LE
I was speaking to a friend today; she had 11 of her family around for Christmas dinner. All took a test before they met up.

As Christmas day progressed her mum-in-law started feeling ill and had to leave. She later tested positive for covid.

And over the next few days 8 of the 11 guests there all tested positive, including her 90 year old granny.

Her granny had no symptoms what-so-ever.
My mother in law (73) caught in Dec 2020, no symptoms at all. My mate (33) caught it end of March 2020, was hospitalised for 5 days with it. He has asthma and so does the mother in law, she also has CPOD.
My mate had tough time with it, especially in the hospital, people just dying round him during the 1st wave.

Still think I had it in December 2019.
However, the mrs and I are both fully jabbed and boosted, we both had what I thought was it in December 2019.
Nothing then until last Thursday I had symptoms and tested positive friday morning. Felt a bit crap all day Friday and half of Saturday (very lethargic) coughing slightly runny nose etc. Sunday fine and now still fine. I have had worse colds.
Then The Mrs starts coughing Monday this week and she has now tested positive on Tuesday (PCR, all the LFT she did was negative). She felt crap for 24 hours now she just has a slight cough and is fine, even doing the washing again (thank ****).
Most of my immediate family have now had it including my mum (92) again who only had a bad cold with it but felt lethargic for a few days. 2 of My kids have had it (23 and 31) and they again just had a cold.
I think the Omicron is a LOT easier to have than the Flu but hey thats just my take on what I have seen.
And this is what we are running away from?

You have literally said what I am hearing from everyone I speak to who has tested positive (however most had Delta and also lost smell & taste).

Time to bin all restrictions and get everything back to normal.

And this is what we are running away from?

You have literally said what I am hearing from everyone I speak to who has tested positive (however most had Delta and also lost smell & taste).

Time to bin all restrictions and get everything back to normal.
Everything?

Latest Threads