Who has tested positive for covid?

Have you ever tested positive for covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 87 64.0%

• Total voters
No - we had hospitals before Covid, we will still hospitals after Covid.

I said get rid of restrictions, not hospitals, hospitals are not restrictions, having hospitals is normal.

I was even born in one, maybe you were too.
If anything I think restrictions need to be tightened, New Zealand doesn't enjoy the success it has today by being lax in it's efforts for safeguarding the genpop.

If anything I think restrictions need to be tightened, New Zealand doesn't enjoy the success it has today by being lax in it's efforts for safeguarding the genpop.

You are joking, right?

New Zealand lost it's mind over Covid, and will again.

NZ (and next Australia) is the last country I'd want to live in when it when it's touched by Covid.

You couldn't even talk to your neighbours over a fence at one stage in NZ.

1642165130611.png

Last edited:
I just got a winning lottery ticket.
I'm over 50 with a history of asthma.
I'm also double vaccinated with booster, and it feels like a scratchy throat, disturbed sleep, and some muscle aches.

I have had worse hangovers.
As far as I'm concerned the vaccines are bleedin' magic.

I just got a winning lottery ticket.
I'm over 50 with a history of asthma.
I'm also double vaccinated with booster, and it feels like a scratchy throat, disturbed sleep, and some muscle aches.

I have had worse hangovers.
As far as I'm concerned the vaccines are bleedin' magic.
Then I won the roll-over - I had worse hangovers than Covid, before any vaccines, and before Omicold / Coldcon came along.

If anything I think restrictions need to be tightened made more effective, New Zealand doesn't enjoy the success it has today by being lax in it's efforts for safeguarding the genpop.
This distinction seems to elude both leaders and led far to frequently.

No - we had hospitals before Covid, we will still hospitals after Covid.

I said get rid of restrictions, not hospitals, hospitals are not restrictions, having hospitals is normal.

I was even born in one, maybe you were too.
If there were no restrictions you could go to a hospital all you want but you wouldn't get in because it would be stacked to the rafters with anti-vaxxers who had the COVID-19 they insist doesn't exist.

Now if you've got a plan to get rid of the anti-vaxxers before you get rid of the restrictions, then let's hear it.

If there were no restrictions you could go to a hospital all you want but you wouldn't get in because it would be stacked to the rafters with anti-vaxxers who had the COVID-19 they insist doesn't exist.

Now if you've got a plan to get rid of the anti-vaxxers before you get rid of the restrictions, then let's hear it.
I already had a plan - you ignored it:

1642180493523.png

The hospitals are not full now with hardly any restrictions, what makes you think they will be if if we don't wear masks and don't show Covid Passports?

They haven't been 'full' nearly a year - even when when we had little or no restrictions.

Last edited:
No. I've been admitted to the hospital twice for pneumonia in the last 2 years, once for the early round of SARS-CoV-2 after being sick for a month, and a couple of months ago for a nasty, unidentified virus that was definitely not any corona, influenza, or RSV variant. I have had other causes for being at the hospital several times over the last two years.

Interestingly, my PCP cancelled my latest appointment (which took 2 months to get) on Monday, as he is apparently ill.

Wasn't able to log into ARRSE because of some configuration error requiring me to verify, on a long dead email account, of course, and its not like I felt the need to put in a lot of effort since most of the best bits of arrse are in the rearview, and I've been busy interviewing new potential exes.
Pneumonia you say ?
That's how dear Freddie Mercury went in the end.
Too much bumming I bet ?

Old Stab

LE
Book Reviewer

Refuse to vaccinate.

Off to the camps with you.
Threat to society that must be cleansed...preferably with a Woodchipper and lots of fire.

A strange effect seems to be that I have lost my appetite. Smell and taste are OK but my (normally voracious) appetite has vanished. I eat dinner more as a "going through the motions" act than to satisfy hunger. Peculiar.
Now if you can bottle that, you could corner the diet/weight loss market.

Pneumonia you say ?
That's how dear Freddie Mercury went in the end.
Too much bumming I bet ?
My range is not as broad as dear old Freddie's was, but with the appropriate amount of whisky, I can successfully impress the ladies on karaoke night with my rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody as a warm up toward stretching to hit that damn E5 whilst singing that Norwegian group's torturous Take On Me.

My range is not as broad as dear old Freddie's was, but with the appropriate amount of whisky, I can successfully impress the ladies on karaoke night with my rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody as a warm up toward stretching to hit that damn E5 whilst singing that Norwegian group's torturous Take On Me.
I had no idea you were classically trained. Impressive

I had no idea you were classically trained. Impressive
The A#5 in Bohemian Rhapsody is comfortable, the E5 in Take On Me is not. If I over do it on the whisky, and the crowd doesn't seem the "sing along" type, I may be inclined to break out my Dutch Master impression and just yodel Hocus Pocus.

RZer0

LE
We have round 2 now of Covid, my son tested positive this morning, we tested him last night cause he was feeling a rough (cold symptoms) and his mate had tested positive during the day. The rest of us have so far tested negative....

We have round 2 now of Covid, my son tested positive this morning, we tested him last night cause he was feeling a rough (cold symptoms) and his mate had tested positive during the day. The rest of us have so far tested negative....

Basically, they have a Common Cold, now called Omicron.

If only they were wearing masks :rolleyes:

They'll be grand.

Latest Threads