Who has tested positive for covid?

Have you ever tested positive for covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 49 36.0%
  • No

Votes: 87 64.0%

• Total voters
The wife and I were talking the other day, and neither of us have ever tested positive for covid, and we haven’t had any breakouts amongst family and close friends that could have been linked to us being asymptomatic.

I’m not too surprised about me, I’ve been working from home, though I have been back at football, karate, and refereeing and some trips out e.g. Wales Vs Australia with no issues.

My wife is a paramedic in London, and until fairly recently was regularly out and about mixing with the great unwashed, and even went to check on a neighbour without a mask etc (he later turned out to have covid and died).

We are both fully vaccinated and boosted, but it just seemed odd that we seem to have managed to avoid covid considering neither of us are in a high risk group so haven’t been doing anything extreme in terms of self isolating.

How many other on here have super immune systems and have managed to avoid the virus for the last 2 years.

I haven't, but my brother did, just after he got back into the country on his R&R a few days ago. Now he's having the Christmas period in isolation.

I'm fully vaccinated and boostered. Despite working as a traffic officer throughout the pandemic and volunteering as a community first responder, I have never had as much as a sniffle. MrsHogg is retired and Hogg junior is a parks and gardens grounds person for our local council. Both are also fully vaccinated and boostered. I have performed 2 LFTs a week for 18 months and have never had a positive test. I must have the constitution of an ox as I have never gone sick whilst colleagues were dropping round me. I lost a good friend to covid, he was as fit as a flea and an ex RM capt!

Out of our 6 kids, their partners, and our grand kids, 3 grown ups, and 5 grandchildren have gone down with it, and all survived. Herself and I not yet, as i think, nay hope, that the 2 shots and a booster, plus the winter flu shot we have had shield us from the worst of it.

Staying indoors, only going out for shopping also helps. Both of us being In the very advanced upper middle aged age group is quite worrying, as that demographic seems more vulnerable. We have survived this far, there's no reason to suspect that we will not see this insidious virus out.

I am at an event tomorrow, be unmasked all day as will the majority of others, private bus nobody will have a mask on, all should be vaccinated. Involves going to pubs as well. I'll be amazed if I don't catch anything such is some of the media based scaremongering.

The wife and I were talking the other day, and neither of us have ever tested positive for covid, and we haven’t had any breakouts amongst family and close friends that could have been linked to us being asymptomatic.

I’m not too surprised about me, I’ve been working from home, though I have been back at football, karate, and refereeing and some trips out e.g. Wales Vs Australia with no issues.

My wife is a paramedic in London, and until fairly recently was regularly out and about mixing with the great unwashed, and even went to check on a neighbour without a mask etc (he later turned out to have covid and died).

We are both fully vaccinated and boosted, but it just seemed odd that we seem to have managed to avoid covid considering neither of us are in a high risk group so haven’t been doing anything extreme in terms of self isolating.

How many other on here have super immune systems and have managed to avoid the virus for the last 2 years.

You might have had it and not known.

Never. The wife neither, and we've been to big events, crowded pubs. Only person in my family and friend circle to get it is my niece. She got the omicron variant last week and she is basically sitting with the equivalent of a cold, bored shitless in her room.

You might have had it and not known.
Possibly, that’s why I worded the question as who hasnt tested positive for covid, rather than who hasn’t had covid.

Our son is at nursery so there has been a nice selection of coughs and colds going around, but any tests we’ve done have been negative.

I am struggling to breathe. It hurts to draw breath. Did a test this am: negative. For what it’s worth. I’m 48, BTW.
Staying home anyway . Merry Christmas, one and alll!

I'm double jabbed and boosted, plus in one of the at risk groups. A few scares but not had it (yet) Brother and his missus both double jabbed both had covid. Brother had to spend a few days in hospital due to breathing issues.

Young Nephew recently spent 5 days in ICU with covid and a blood clot on his lung. He being one of the un-vaccinated, for whatever reason. The fact that he has 3 kids all under 13 I think he's a bit of a knob for not getting vaccinated.

I am struggling to breathe. It hurts to draw breath. Did a test this am: negative. For what it’s worth. I’m 48, BTW.
Staying home anyway . Merry Christmas, one and alll!
Might be worth calling 111 just to check.

I sympathised deeply with my daughter and youngest son when they had to go into isolation very early on as their nurse mum aka ex number 1 caught covid.
It was one of the hardest things I've ever done as trying to be sympathetic whilst laughing my bollocks off is not a good combination.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Jabbed as quick as I could and had the booster two weeks ago.

I had that bloody awful cold that went the rounds a couple of months ago... that was rough. Three days utterly out of it in bed. But no sign of Covid, despite several friends having been affected.

The guy who was supposed to come for Christmas lunch is currently isolating, and his partner is positive.

A friend of mine who runs care homes has it for the second time. She was hospitalised and intubated a few months ago.

Numerous others around me.

I genuinely think I've been very lucky.

Up until October, neither myself, family, acquaintances or friends (or friends of friends) had caught covid. I knew no one who had caught it.

Then, since October…

Me, work colleagues (x4), work colleague’s dad (hospitilised for several weeks, and just gone back in with clots), sister, niece, niece’s girlfriend, friends (2), friends’ spouses and children (6), another friend’s sister and her husband, local chip shop owner (died), his family (5), the local butchers (3)…

Delta suddenly seemed to have become very infectious in October.

On the plus side, with 2 jabs, one delta infection and then a booster, I now have super-immunity.

Latest Threads