Who Has Tested Positive For Covid-19?

Have you ever tested positive for covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 85 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 96 53.0%

• Total voters
Well we finally got it last week after avoiding it since the start. We were on holiday, catching up with family and friends. My wife's oldest friend/brother-from-another-mother had felt ill enough to warrant an LFT test earlier in the day, but it came up negative, so of course he came out for a meal with us that evening, hugged the missus, shook my hand, sat next to us in the pub (this was last Monday)... Then he went home early as he felt shit and tested positive on the Tuesday.

That then meant we'd have to cancel all our other planned catch-ups with friends. By Thursday we had sore throats and were starting to feel shit. Decided to drive home early on Friday. Took a test - negative but feeling absolutely dire. Took another test Saturday morning and both tested positive. Felt shite all day Sunday, but suddenly a lot better late last night and 100 times better this morning, except for hot flushes.

The worst thing about all this is that my wife was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago (thankfully early) and she's due in for a scan this week that now needs to be cancelled. I'm absolutely furious that he thought it was a good idea, not only to come out, but to then hug her when he knew that she's about to undergo major medical shit and REALLY doesn't need covid/long covid on top of it all.
I know its easy me saying this but I would imagine it is far better for her to catch it now and put it behind her rather than downstream at some point when her immunity is worsened/negated by cancer treatment - fingers crossed that she gets a replacement appt asap - in my own case I showed clear on the 8th day and I just hope the nhs dont play silly buggers with her needing to show clear for any longer than that

I know its easy me saying this but I would imagine it is far better for her to catch it now and put it behind her rather than downstream at some point when her immunity is worsened/negated by cancer treatment - fingers crossed that she gets a replacement appt asap - in my own case I showed clear on the 8th day and I just hope the nhs dont play silly buggers with her needing to show clear for any longer than that
Cheers. Yeah, we've been saying the same thing; thank f*ck it didn't happen when she was already down the chemo route...

Whilst the fear of Covid has left me since I had it earlier this year, my biggest fear is the inevitable resurgence of case numbers as new variants emerge and we get to the coming winter where I have no doubt it will become very big again - not for myself but, for my parents who like most other elderly people haven't had covid yet and are in that age group where they are most vulnerable - I can safely predict a large toll of the oldsters this winter from both covid and all the 'normal' winter illnesses that they were shielded from for the last 2 winters
COVID-19 will very likely make a come back in the winter when people start spending more time indoors again. The important thing for your parents and others in their situation will be to keep their jabs up to date and for people who have close contact with them to do the same.

Well we finally got it last week after avoiding it since the start. We were on holiday, catching up with family and friends. My wife's oldest friend/brother-from-another-mother had felt ill enough to warrant an LFT test earlier in the day, but it came up negative, so of course he came out for a meal with us that evening, hugged the missus, shook my hand, sat next to us in the pub (this was last Monday)... Then he went home early as he felt shit and tested positive on the Tuesday.

That then meant we'd have to cancel all our other planned catch-ups with friends. By Thursday we had sore throats and were starting to feel shit. Decided to drive home early on Friday. Took a test - negative but feeling absolutely dire. Took another test Saturday morning and both tested positive. Felt shite all day Sunday, but suddenly a lot better late last night and 100 times better this morning, except for hot flushes.

The worst thing about all this is that my wife was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago (thankfully early) and she's due in for a scan this week that now needs to be cancelled. I'm absolutely furious that he thought it was a good idea, not only to come out, but to then hug her when he knew that she's about to undergo major medical shit and REALLY doesn't need covid/long covid on top of it all.
If he was feeling ill enough to want to do a test on himself, he was probably ill enough that he shouldn't have been having close contact with other people. You and your wife still wouldn't want whatever bug he had even it if wasn't COVID-19.

People can be infectious before they test positive on a rapid test, and that's assuming they did the test properly (which not everyone does). The advice that I've heard is that if you are feeling ill you shouldn't take one negative test as definitive but should test again 24 hours later as well.

I‘m now onto 4th day of symptoms but still testing negative on LFTs. Tuesday was an almost sore throat, a blocked nostril, bunged ears, an hour of unproductive coughs and a surprise mid-afternoon nap. Wednesday was an almost sore throat, blocked ears, a general feeling of grottiness with the occasional chill (it was 22c outside). Yesterday was a mild sore throat, increased and softer bowel movements, increased grottiness, with a ache under both ribs at bedtime that prevented me from sleeping for 4 hours (O2 sats were 98% though). The occasional cough was now productive.

Today is still a sore throat, grottiness and slight ache under the ribs.

But yesterday’s and today’s LFTs were both negative.

So it might be covid, it might be bad hayfever, or it might be a sinus infection.

Whatever it is, it’s annoying.

Stabwedge

Old-Salt
A group of seven of us (five adults, two teens) were away at a music festival last weekend, 70,000 at it maybe. All of us jabbed and boosted and one had the plague previously.
After returning home and having a sleepless and uncomfortable night decided to do an LFT before going back to work on Tuesday morning. Test line showed straight away. Indoor Commander failed but two daughters were ok.
Tuesday was dire. Joint pains, sore head, dry hacking cough, very high temp and (unexpectedly) hyper sensitive skin.
Wednesday was pretty much the same but no temp.
Thursday was better but like a very bad cold. I’ve been running at about 80% since. Mrs has all the same but a day behind. One daughter tested positive on Thursday morning. Other ok so far.

Seven of us went to the festival. Five adults in one tent, all have it and all busted. My daughters in another tent, one has it and is pretty much fine.

Felt like shit yesterday afternoon onwards, shivering temperature sore throat.
Knew I was driving family and others to a bloody farm adventure park today so did lat flow. Came up negative. Gutted.
Must be AIDS

Latest Threads