Who Has Tested Positive For Covid-19?

Have you ever tested positive for covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 85 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 96 53.0%

• Total voters
October last year, I wake up after few hours as well. Some nights its like I'm having quick naps during the night. It never really got into my chest so my breathing seems fine, although when I took my kids swimming once things opened up fully. It did feel like my lungs would give out when swimming under water, seem alright now though.
One thing that did seem to help build the lungs up a bit, or at least make the very most of what capacity I had left, was finding some vids on you tube made my singers and singing coaches about the breathing exercises they do to get the very most out of their lungs. Several ways to fill the lungs without just trying to take big breaths in, which I couldn't without coughing, Several made them to help people with lungs that had been done in by covid, it might be worth your while having a nose around on you tube. Don't ask for names, I spent a lot of that winter like a bloody zombie so didn't know my arse from my elbow.

Last edited:
Went to RAF Cosford for the air display with four old mates at the weekend. Close proximity with the lads. Tested negative Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; positive today. Have short-duration intermittent cough, sore chest, can’t sleep but otherwise feel ok. All my mates negative, as is SWMBO. Why me? :rolleyes:

Went to RAF Cosford for the air display with four old mates at the weekend. Close proximity with the lads. Tested negative Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday; positive today. Have short-duration intermittent cough, sore chest, can’t sleep but otherwise feel ok. All my mates negative, as is SWMBO. Why me? :rolleyes:
How did they test? RAT or PCR?

I tested with a RAT on Wednesday afternoon at work as I had been exposed to it at home and was starting to display symptoms. Negative. Next morning I was feeling worse, so had a PCR at 8AM which came back positive.

My patrol partner tested positive yesterday, thankfully, we're on nights, so we'd gone in separate cars. Plus I didn't return to the station, so we didn't interact throughout the shift.

How did they test? RAT or PCR?

I tested with a RAT on Wednesday afternoon at work as I had been exposed to it at home and was starting to display symptoms. Negative. Next morning I was feeling worse, so had a PCR at 8AM which came back positive.
We’ve all been using Lateral Flow Tests (LFTs).

Here's a thing.
When home testing kits were issued FOC there was the facility to report the results on the government website, from this numbers of cases could be monitored and recorded.
Now testing kits have to be purchased I/we are told not to report the results from a bought kit, so the numbers of cases are unknown.

Here's a thing.
When home testing kits were issued FOC there was the facility to report the results on the government website, from this numbers of cases could be monitored and recorded.
Now testing kits have to be purchased I/we are told not to report the results from a bought kit, so the numbers of cases are unknown.

And yet the 'official' tally has remained relatively stable at between 10k-15k new cases per day.

(yes I know it is graphs and such, but I heard on the BBC that numbers had 'jumped' by about 40% recently)

So, even without bought kit/home testing being included there is something bad coming down the line, not assisted by the half-term/Jubilee 70 celebrations, the last few days lounging around in lidos and theme parks, or the usual suspects kicking off in airport lounge queues.

Schools and colleges don't break up for another month giving plenty of time for regional cross-contamination.

Here's a thing.
Zoe App still collates results. You don't even have to have it on your phone until you are positive.

Here's a thing.

I think the voluntary surveillance thing is still happening, regular tests in the home. There was also testing of waste-water for the virus which might still be happening. Smaller numbers but still an indication.

I think the voluntary surveillance thing is still happening, regular tests in the home. There was also testing of waste-water for the virus which might still be happening. Smaller numbers but still an indication.
Fecal checks should have been used a lot more throughout the pandemic. What stopped the government from issuing a commandeer order to utilise the limitless resources of privatised water companies (apart from the initial dividend reduction) ?

I had the booster in December and felt low level grotty with a near constant ache at the injection site until early April when I finally caught COVID. COVID was a doddle and lasted about two days (I've had worse hangovers), although I did feel somewhat lethargic for a couple of weeks afterwards.

Interestingly once the COVID ended and before the lethargy kicked in the low level grottiness and arm ache disappeared.

So it looks like I needed to catch COVID to cure my "long booster".

I'm sure I'm not alone but my phone is not capable of doing apps.
I had a look at their website. The FAQs say they are considering app-free reporting but at this stage of the game I'd say its not happening now. Someone who has the app can report for others though but I have only done it for family in the same house.

Whilst the fear of Covid has left me since I had it earlier this year, my biggest fear is the inevitable resurgence of case numbers as new variants emerge and we get to the coming winter where I have no doubt it will become very big again - not for myself but, for my parents who like most other elderly people haven't had covid yet and are in that age group where they are most vulnerable - I can safely predict a large toll of the oldsters this winter from both covid and all the 'normal' winter illnesses that they were shielded from for the last 2 winters

Well we finally got it last week after avoiding it since the start. We were on holiday, catching up with family and friends. My wife's oldest friend/brother-from-another-mother had felt ill enough to warrant an LFT test earlier in the day, but it came up negative, so of course he came out for a meal with us that evening, hugged the missus, shook my hand, sat next to us in the pub (this was last Monday)... Then he went home early as he felt shit and tested positive on the Tuesday.

That then meant we'd have to cancel all our other planned catch-ups with friends. By Thursday we had sore throats and were starting to feel shit. Decided to drive home early on Friday. Took a test - negative but feeling absolutely dire. Took another test Saturday morning and both tested positive. Felt shite all day Sunday, but suddenly a lot better late last night and 100 times better this morning, except for hot flushes.

The worst thing about all this is that my wife was diagnosed with cancer a couple of weeks ago (thankfully early) and she's due in for a scan this week that now needs to be cancelled. I'm absolutely furious that he thought it was a good idea, not only to come out, but to then hug her when he knew that she's about to undergo major medical shit and REALLY doesn't need covid/long covid on top of it all.

Wife finally caught it two weeks ago a a very poorly distanced charity AGM. I tested positive this morning really rough last night but just feels like a chesty infection now.

Latest Threads