Who Has Tested Positive For Covid-19?

Have you ever tested positive for covid-19?

• Yes

Votes: 85 47.0%
  • No

Votes: 96 53.0%

• Total voters
Same here 8 days now, just feel like I have a mild cold.
This, plus having occasional brain fog and tiredness.
I washed and polished our two cars yesterday, normally takes me an hour for each car.
It took me around 7 hours with loads of breaks yesterday.

Finally tested negative after 2 weeks . Still coughing with a headache and tiring quickly, but slowly getting better.

Finally tested negative after 2 weeks . Still coughing with a headache and tiring quickly, but slowly getting better.
after my first bout of the vid two years ago , I was like that for best part of four months

I've been rough for weeks, really violent coughing (so much so I took a trip to A&E) and other COVID like symptoms. All rapid tests negative though. Had loads of swabs, blood work, urine tests last week as Dr. was a pit perturbed about my symptoms. Result yesterday I have a bacterial infection in throat and now on anti-biotics. They still can't figure out what EXACTLY it is I've been suffering with. Its like COVID - but its not! I'm a medical mystery!

ref the coughing , my good lady has had a really bad cough since our second dose of the vid this February, mine went after four weeks but she had a bastard of a cough , and gasping shortage of breath , which pointed the doctors towards pneumonia, possibly PE , and it masked the heart attack she actually was having, anyhoo, well on the recovery road, but my daughter who has an immune problem called ISS (Idiopathic Sub- glottic Stenosis) she told her to mix decent pineapple juice (not the tetra pack stuff) , grated fresh ginger , a touch of honey a squeeze of lemon and a shake of cayenne pepper but not too much ...... I sh1t you not, it all but stopped her coughing over three days , one at night, one if she was feeling like she'd start again during the day

ref the coughing , my good lady has had a really bad cough since our second dose of the vid this February, mine went after four weeks but she had a bastard of a cough , and gasping shortage of breath , which pointed the doctors towards pneumonia, possibly PE , and it masked the heart attack she actually was having, anyhoo, well on the recovery road, but my daughter who has an immune problem called ISS (Idiopathic Sub- glottic Stenosis) she told her to mix decent pineapple juice (not the tetra pack stuff) , grated fresh ginger , a touch of honey a squeeze of lemon and a shake of cayenne pepper but not too much ...... I sh1t you not, it all but stopped her coughing over three days , one at night, one if she was feeling like she'd start again during the day
Best to your good lady.

Norsemaid

Old-Salt
All the ingredients have anti inflammatory properties and calm the bronchial tract .
Well done to your daughter and splendid news about your wife . Long may the recovery continue .

TheSockPuppet

On ROPS
On ROPs
Day 3 of symptoms for me. Everything hurts and once I got back from work, the only places I've been is my bed or bathroom.

I'm surprised at how quickly it came on. I went from super hard phys session that I had no issues with to feeling a bit tired to full on shaking dog in the space of about 12 hours.

I'm hoping today is the last day of everything hurting...

Got pinged by the NHS app last night. Anyone still using that?

Picked it up at AvN on Saturday.

Mrs asks who would i have been that close to? Don’t really want to go there, love.

Shiny_arrse does not like this!
You will hate this, I had it in March 2020. I only had a cough for several days followed on one really bad day when it felt like I had a paving slab on my chest stopping me from breathing. Next day I was over the worst of it and thought I was getting over it. I was still getting very tired very easily.

A couple of weeks later I was still not 100% but felt a hell of a lot better but remembered the old peak flow meter that was in the house, even after that couple of weeks of improvement I was over 60% down on my previous lung capacity.

I did plenty of walking to try rebuilding capacity and three months later got caught out in a summer storm when a strong wind got up out out nowhere, it felt like someone was trying to rip my left lung out and I took over three hours getting home from somewhere that is normally a forty minute walk. That was followed by two full weeks of total lethargy and feeling like death warmed up. I got a few of those attacks the first year.

This winter just gone the odd attack was shorter and less vicious, still can't take going out in the wind without risking damage though. I deliberately let myself get caught out in the wind the other week without masking up to keep it out to see how bad it hit me, and while it still gave me a bit of lung ache and couple of other nasty symptoms, hideous stomach cramps mainly, it was nowhere near as bad and I was over the worst in four days so I am getting there. Sleep pattern has been f**ked the whole time though.

Two years of that crap is getting bloody boring but it is getting better slowly.

Last edited:

TheSockPuppet

On ROPS
On ROPs

Mrs asks who would i have been that close to? Don’t really want to go there, love.
I was at AvN. Was a bit hoarse on Sunday, so assume I caught it before AvN. Be interesting to see how many attendees report catching the 'vid though.

Mrs Shiny_Arrse keeps getting pinged by it to say she has been in close contact with someone who tested positive (presumably me). The daft thing is her phone has not been anywhere near mine. We are seriously considering turning off the contact tracing.

RZer0

LE
You will hate this, I had it in March 2020. I only had a cough for several days followed on one really bad day when it felt like I had a paving slab on my chest stopping me from breathing. Next day I was over the worst of it and thought I was getting over it. I was still getting very tired very easily.

A couple of weeks later I was still not 100% but felt a hell of a lot better but remembered the old peak flow meter that was in the house, even after that couple of weeks of improvement I was over 60% down on my previous lung capacity.

I did plenty of walking to try rebuilding capacity and three months later got caught out in a summer storm when a strong wind got up out out nowhere, it felt like someone was trying to rip my left lung out and I took over three hours getting home from somewhere that is normally a fort minute walk. That was followed by two full weeks of total lethargy and feeling like death warmed up. I got a few of those attacks the first year.

This winter just gone the odd attack was shorter and less vicious, still can't take going out in the wind though. I deliberately let myself get caught out in the wind the other week without masking up to keep it out to see how bad it hit me and while it still gave me a bit of lung ache and couple of other nasty symptoms, hideous stomach cramps mainly, it was nowhere near as bad and I was over the worst in four days so I am getting there. Sleep pattern has been f**ked the whole time though.

Two years of that crap is getting bloody boring but it is getting better slowly.
Ive been trying to get myself fit over the last few months, nothing to hard (I'm following tactical fitness for the over 40's). Some days it feels like I can run a marathon, other days like yesterday. I just lacked any energy at all. So didn't bother training, also my sleep is still messed up since catching CV.
I struggle to get to sleep even after a few drinks. Don't get me wrong, I'm slowly approaching 50 and a lot heavy now than I was in my 30's, so I expect days of low energy but its like zero energy. Everything is an effort, no pain or anything, just no energy.
I'm starting to wonder if the low energy is just part of long covid or I'm just a middle-aged old fart thats just getting older.

TheSockPuppet

On ROPS
On ROPs
Day 4 and I've still got the headache and back ache. Taken some painkillers in the hope that I'll be up and about shortly foraging for scoff.

Ive been trying to get myself fit over the last few months, nothing to hard (I'm following tactical fitness for the over 40's). Some days it feels like I can run a marathon, other days like yesterday. I just lacked any energy at all. So didn't bother training, also my sleep is still messed up since catching CV.
I struggle to get to sleep even after a few drinks. Don't get me wrong, I'm slowly approaching 50 and a lot heavy now than I was in my 30's, so I expect days of low energy but its like zero energy. Everything is an effort, no pain or anything, just no energy.
I'm starting to wonder if the low energy is just part of long covid or I'm just a middle-aged old fart thats just getting older.
I am early 50s and had drifted into middle aged slobbishness very easily but late 2018 and through 2019 I put a lot of effort in to getting fitter to the point I was the fittest I had been since 1995 and bursting with energy. Thank god I put that effort in because starting from a lower point fitness wise I dread to think what state it would have left me in.

I couldn't even contemplate running now, if I try to draw breath too deeply my lungs just cough the air right back out and let me know not to try that again. Lots of traipsing up and down Chesil at my own pace is the best I can manage at the moment, but then a mile on that shingle counts for three over normal terrain so it does give me a good workout.....when the wind isn't keeping housebound for weeks on end. A grown bloke having to be afraid to go out in the bloody wind sounds ridiculous but it is pretty bloody inconvenient when it is windy for weeks or even months on end.

I get to sleep alright, just waking up after two hours and not being able to get back to sleep is the killer. I get very tired presumably because of the lack of proper sleep but thankfully not that total lack of energy that I had the first year or so, that just felt like being a zombie or something and was soul destroying.

How long is it since you had covid?

RZer0

LE
I am early 50s and had drifted into middle aged slobbishness very easily but late 2018 and through 2019 I put a lot of effort in to getting fitter to the point I was the fittest I had been since 1995 and bursting with energy. Thank god I put that effort in because starting from a lower point fitness wise I dread to think what state it would have left me in.

I couldn't even contemplate running now, if I try to draw breath too deeply my lungs just cough the air right back out and let me know not to try that again. Lots of traipsing up and down Chesil at my own pace is the best I can manage at the moment, but then a mile on that shingle counts for three over normal terrain so it does give me a good workout.....when the wind isn't keeping housebound for weeks on end. A grown bloke having to be afraid to go out in the bloody wind sounds ridiculous but it is pretty bloody inconvenient when it is windy for weeks or even months on end.

I get to sleep alright, just waking up after two hours and not being able to get back to sleep is the killer. I get very tired presumably because of the lack of proper sleep but thankfully not that total lack of energy that I had the first year or so, that just felt like being a zombie or something and was soul destroying.

How long is it since you had covid?
October last year, I wake up after few hours as well. Some nights its like I'm having quick naps during the night. It never really got into my chest so my breathing seems fine, although when I took my kids swimming once things opened up fully. It did feel like my lungs would give out when swimming under water, seem alright now though.

Latest Threads