WHO GUARDS THE GUARDS?

chimera

LE
I wonder how long it will be before the PTSD card is played?

Before the massed ranks of ARRSE slaughter me, the PTSD card has been played by defending briefs for a good few years now, regardless of deployments or arm served. As soon as the guilty bastard, sorry, the accused lets it be known he had been, or is one of Her Majesties finest, out comes PTSD as a reason AND excuse for their behaviour.

Bad news when the tenuous link harms the chaps and chapess` who are genuinely suffering.

I bet it won’t upset the Gren hierarchy as must as the pirouetting guardsman.

DTBA

War Hero
I thought the Guards were less than eager to recruit from that demographic. Allegedly.

If they are serving i''d query whether these pair were from the Bn in Aldershot or the PDIC. (Not that it makes much difference)

A promising HD career truely screwed.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I wonder how long it will be before the PTSD card is played?

Before the massed ranks of ARRSE slaughter me, the PTSD card has been played by defending briefs for a good few years now, regardless of deployments or arm served. As soon as the guilty bastard, sorry, the accused lets it be known he had been, or is one of Her Majesties finest, out comes PTSD as a reason AND excuse for their behaviour.

Bad news when the tenuous link harms the chaps and chapess` who are genuinely suffering.
Mental health/PTSD the new bad back. Hard to prove and open to exploitatation - call me cynical.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Who is going to guard them?

_44505899_wilde_barraclough_203.jpg

Mental health/PTSD the new bad back. Hard to prove and open to exploitatation - call me cynical.
You may be cynical, but the fact is that it exists as an illness. The problem is that unlike a broken leg or an organic illness which are for the most part readily diagnosed, PTSD isn't. And so the lawyers have used it as a means to make money. We now have a circumstance where PTSD and related illnesses are widely ignored by the government and the medical fraternity as a problem to be shoved under the carpet.

I suffered from asthma as a kid and it was widely dismissed the 1960's as "hysteria" . Now it is recognised as an allergy-related illness and treatments are available.

"Johnny" Mercer"MP (ex- capt RA and marine commando), made mention in his maiden speech in parliament of the appalling treatment of veterans with PTSD., yet when he was faced with people writing to him for help he derided them and turned his back on them. It later transpired that he had accepted a job with a salary of 85,000 quid a year for 4 hours work a week, for a company that was ostensibly recruiting veterans. And now, he is a Minister. Call me cynical too, but there is a bad smell about it.

You may be cynical, but the fact is that it exists as an illness. The problem is that unlike a broken leg or an organic illness which are for the most part readily diagnosed, PTSD isn't. And so the lawyers have used it as a means to make money. We now have a circumstance where PTSD and related illnesses are widely ignored by the government and the medical fraternity as a problem to be shoved under the carpet.

I suffered from asthma as a kid and it was widely dismissed the 1960's as "hysteria" . Now it is recognised as an allergy-related illness and treatments are available.

"Johnny" Mercer"MP (ex- capt RA and marine commando), made mention in his maiden speech in parliament of the appalling treatment of veterans with PTSD., yet when he was faced with people writing to him for help he derided them and turned his back on them. It later transpired that he had accepted a job with a salary of 85,000 quid a year for 4 hours work a week, for a company that was ostensibly recruiting veterans. And now, he is a Minister. Call me cynical too, but there is a bad smell about it.
I currently work in a PRU, its the default setting for the majority who cross our doors. The majority are not iraq/afgan veterans.

I currently work in a PRU, its the default setting for the majority who cross our doors. The majority are not iraq/afgan veterans.
Unfortunately, your response is opaque. I have no idea what you mean.

Unfortunately, your response is opaque. I have no idea what you mean.
It is in reply to your comment that it exists as an Illness, but is hard to diagnose. My reply tried to show that while it's a real and signifigant issue for many, it's been hijacked buy others to be exploited when no real ptsd exists.

Latest Threads