WHO Goodwill Ambassador.......Bob Mugabe !!!!!?????

So Bob is a goodwill ambassador for WHO
While Saudis chair what is it? Equalities?
That's the UN for you.
You cant maKe this stuff up.

Is this really about making international travel easier for Mr Mugabe - ie now he will be travelling as a UN representative and have a "higher" level of immunity?
Once more, WHO is NOT a part of the UN

Once more, WHO is NOT a part of the UN
From Wikipedia
"The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva"

and a specialized agency of the UN is
Specialized agencies are autonomous organizations working with the United Nations and each other through the coordinating machinery of the United Nations Economic and Social Council at the intergovernmental level, and through the Chief Executives Board for coordination (CEB) at the inter-secretariat level.[1] Specialized agencies may or may not have been originally created by the United Nations, but they are incorporated into the United Nations System by the United Nations Economic and Social Council acting under Articles 57 and 63 of the United Nations Charter. At present the UN has in total 15[2][3][4] specialized agencies that carry out various functions on behalf of the UN. The specialized agencies are listed below.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva

Last edited:

Chef

LE
Tom Lehrer commented that satire died the day Henry Kissinger was awarded the Nobel peace prize.

I'm glad to say he's still alive to witness an even bigger mistake.

And I am fairly certain that now Bob will be able to have one of these... Via the WHO

A United Nations laissez-passer (UNLP or LP) is a travel document issued by the United Nations under the provisions of Article VIII of the 1946 Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations[1] in its offices in New York and Geneva, as well as by the International Labour Organization (ILO).[2] As of 30 April 2010 there were 35,577 UNLPs outstanding.[3] The UNLP is issued to UN and ILO staff as well as staff members of international organizations such as the WHO, the IAEA, the World Tourism Organization, the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization Preparatory Commission, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.

And I am fairly certain that now Bob will be able to have one of these... Via the WHO

A United Nations laissez-passer (UNLP or LP) is a travel document issued by the United Nations under the provisions of Article VIII of the 1946 Convention on the Privileges and Immunities of the United Nations[1] in its offices in New York and Geneva, as well as by the International Labour Organization (ILO).[2] As of 30 April 2010 there were 35,577 UNLPs outstanding.[3] The UNLP is issued to UN and ILO staff as well as staff members of international organizations such as the WHO, the IAEA, the World Tourism Organization, the Comprehensive Nuclear-Test-Ban Treaty Organization Preparatory Commission, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons (OPCW), the World Trade Organization, the International Monetary Fund, and the World Bank.

Where's Danny Glover when you need him?

From Wikipedia
"The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that is concerned with international public health. It was established on 7 April 1948, headquartered in Geneva"

and a specialized agency of the UN is
Specialized agencies are autonomous organizations working with the United Nations and each other through the coordinating machinery of the United Nations Economic and Social Council at the intergovernmental level, and through the Chief Executives Board for coordination (CEB) at the inter-secretariat level.[1] Specialized agencies may or may not have been originally created by the United Nations, but they are incorporated into the United Nations System by the United Nations Economic and Social Council acting under Articles 57 and 63 of the United Nations Charter. At present the UN has in total 15[2][3][4] specialized agencies that carry out various functions on behalf of the UN. The specialized agencies are listed below.[5]
That's Wiki for you, for the WHO are the ones who say, in small words so people get it, work WITH the UN but have their own assembly, constitution, governance, etc. It was conceived at the same time as the UN was being set up, but not as a part of the UN itself.

It's a fine difference, but a relevant one.

What next?

Pol Pot posthumously awarded the Nobel Peace Prize?
I think Kalishnikov should get a Nobel Peace Prize first, he'd be in good company with Nobel

NSP

LE
WHO Goodwill Ambassador.......Bob Mugabe !!!
Someone somewhere's clearly got a sense of humour, then.

So has whoever it was that appointed Saudi Arabia to boss the UN human rights body.

That's Wiki for you, for the WHO are the ones who say, in small words so people get it, work WITH the UN but have their own assembly, constitution, governance, etc. It was conceived at the same time as the UN was being set up, but not as a part of the UN itself.

It's a fine difference, but a relevant one.
Actually NO - a fine difference and irrelevant.
Pedantically legally separate but in all real and effective ways "part" of the UN.

The sneer at using Wiki? No This is one of those bits where the entry will be written by the organisation which is the subject.

It's all good.

Between 1938 and 1945 INTERPOL listed as its Presidents such top chaps as :

Otto Steinhäusl, an Austrian SS officer.
Reinhard Heydrich, the SD Commander assassinated in Prague.
Arhur Nebe, head of the Nazi KRIPO (Criminal Police), who was executed after the July plot - but was still an Einsatzgruppen member
Ernst Kaltenbrunner, an SS officer convicted and executed for crimes against humanity.

There's a gap in the INTERPOL website between 1938 and 1945....

Maybe a little bit of airbrushing in the future might be needed on the WHO website too.

I read not too long ago that Bob was getting ready to pop his cloggs. His missus and one or two others were starting to position themselves as his replacement.

Does this mean he's changed his mind and is going to hang around for a bit longer?

Oh and this announcement surely concerns healthcare in Singapore? I also read that's where Bob goes for his treatment!

Last edited:

Slime

LE
WHO is part of UNIT as any fule knows
That's all well and good, and perrhaps you were wating for someone to say WHO worked with UNIT rather than WHO is part of UNIT, but the more urgent question has to be who's on first ?

More world class virtue signalling - the major surprise for me is that the old rogue Mugabe is still alive to collect his ‘award’. I thought he was on his death bed years ago and doing an Ariel Sharon?

That's all well and good, and perrhaps you were wating for someone to say WHO worked with UNIT rather than WHO is part of UNIT, but the more urgent question has to be who's on first ?
I'm too lazy to be 100% accurate, too used to fuzzy logic at work these days

I blame Solr

Latest Threads