Who gets issued what weapon?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Tango_Golf_Mike, Aug 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. is it to do with rank or experience or do you have to pass a course to get either a UGL, LMG or GPMG, pistol or man the .50 or GMG
  2. arnt you going to the int corps?
  3. You have to pass the WHT for all of them.
  4. Yes and i know that i will just be issued with the standard SA80 but im just interested how the system works, Just because i am hoping to join the Int Corps doesnt mean i dont care about the rest of the Army :)
  5. WHT? Weapons Handling Test?
  6. Just be thankfull that you wont get a Small Metal Gun.
  7. The higher up the ranks you go your weapon gets smaller, if there is a war on then A Field Marshal is armed with a stick.
  8. daywalker

daywalker LE Reviewer

I think the chance of you using a GMG in the INT corps is slim to fcuk all, a biro maybe.
  9. JINGO

JINGO War Hero Book Reviewer

You will need to know the Tactical map symbols for them all though.
  10. You select your weapon load out before you go on a patrol or something. I like to choose the UGL with the pistol for side arm, extra frag grenades and a smoke. I also have the marathon perk on so I can run further and the one where you can't be spotted by UAVs.
  11. Changed a bit since the old days then?

Captain Blackadder: Don't forget your stick Lieutenant
    Lieutenant George: Rather, sir. Wouldn't want to face a machine gun without this.
  12. Read post 4 genius.
  13. Bit gobby for a sprog wannabe aren't you?

Wind your neck in little boy, and stop posting dull and uninteresting posts.

Everything you need to know will be roundly instilled into your tiny brain at a rapid rate of knots when/if you reach phase 1/2.

Jog on.
  14. When I was in British West Hartlepool we had blowpipes issued to us.
  15. Was that for the monkeys?