Who fired the blank?

Discussion in 'RAC' started by 3uniforms, Jun 29, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good evening gentlemen of the cavalry and workers of the RTR. We have a dispute running in AAC circles which hopefully may be resolved with your assistance. The dispute revolves around the well known story about the owner of a German bar who upset a Centurion/Chieftain crew commander. Said commander retaliated by firing some sort of blank through the gastatte window.

The question is, is this an urban myth? If not, when and where did it happen, what Regiment was involved?

I thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

we heard that story in the 1970/74 period so it cant be older than that .
  3. As I heard it, it was a Centurion of The Fort Garry Horse at Soest, during the mid 60's.
  4. First heard it about 1960.....
  5. So likely an urban legend then.
  6. If we go back far enough it may well have occurred during the Seven Years War.

Tropper would know.
    • Like Like x 6
  7. Tropper likely cut the rifleling in the main gun by hand...
    So I hear, allegedly...
    • Like Like x 3
  8. I heard it too. 99% certain to be an urban myth
  9. With a Leatherman (special edition).
  10. Can I just ask? Who, or what, was Tropper? I've heard him referred to as an ex-Regiment enigma, a complete ******* chopper, and everything else in between.

Anyone care to shine a light on it?
    • Like Like x 2
  11. I heard Hutzel 1960.
  12. Trooper was the ultimate two shedding poster. If you'd been to Elevenarife, he'd been wafted there by magic carpet piloted by naked nympomaniacs.
    He invented everything and had fought in every British action.
    I do mean every one, he twatted the Dinosaurs for shitting on his lawn.
    He is the world's foremost expert on everything. Nobel prize winner in every category, Women want him and men want to be him.

sent via Derek Acorah
    • Like Like x 2
  13. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

A pederast from Cardiff. Proud to say that 'I killed Tropper'.
    • Like Like x 1

14. Nobody shines a light on Tropper,
    he is the light and shines it upon us less fortunate mortals who are grateful for Tropper shining the light.
    • Like Like x 2