Who fired the blank?

Good evening gentlemen of the cavalry and workers of the RTR. We have a dispute running in AAC circles which hopefully may be resolved with your assistance. The dispute revolves around the well known story about the owner of a German bar who upset a Centurion/Chieftain crew commander. Said commander retaliated by firing some sort of blank through the gastatte window.

The question is, is this an urban myth? If not, when and where did it happen, what Regiment was involved?

I thank you.

armyaviation,co.uk

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
we heard that story in the 1970/74 period so it cant be older than that .

First heard it about 1960.....

C

cloudbuster

If we go back far enough it may well have occurred during the Seven Years War.

Tropper would know.

Can I just ask? Who, or what, was Tropper? I've heard him referred to as an ex-Regiment enigma, a complete ******* chopper, and everything else in between.

Anyone care to shine a light on it?

Can I just ask? Who, or what, was Tropper? I've heard him referred to as an ex-Regiment enigma, a complete ******* chopper, and everything else in between.

Trooper was the ultimate two shedding poster. If you'd been to Elevenarife, he'd been wafted there by magic carpet piloted by naked nympomaniacs.
He invented everything and had fought in every British action.
I do mean every one, he twatted the Dinosaurs for shitting on his lawn.
He is the world's foremost expert on everything. Nobel prize winner in every category, Women want him and men want to be him.

sent via Derek Acorah

Nobody shines a light on Tropper,
he is the light and shines it upon us less fortunate mortals who are grateful for Tropper shining the light.

There is nothing difficult about that.
"I killed Tropper"
There, I said it too. Easy peasy.
As for firing blanks, it wasnt me. All my bits are in perfect working order.