Who else uses the L85?

WhiteHorse said:
For the second time, its an airsoft weapon used in a posed picture...
Contradiction in terms, there.

crabtastic said:
WhiteHorse said:
For the second time, its an airsoft weapon used in a posed picture...
Contradiction in terms, there.
Depends, whilst not a firearm I'd still call it a weapon. :wink: No doubt in London the Met would top you and point out the error of your ways for carring a weapon.

From the looks of him he's from some poverty-stricken Latin-American shitehole. They're bound to be able to afford a better weapon than the A1.

I thought Kenya were the only other country to buy it?

That certainly isn't the A1 we were issued, and it looks an awful lot like the plastic ones you see in museums etc. However, the SUSAT appears to be real?

brettarider said:
Didn't we give some away as a "bonus" with some boats sold to a former eastern block country Romania/Bulgaria?
No that was RN and RM who gifted then to Iran.

RFUK said:
That certainly isn't the A1 we were issued, and it looks an awful lot like the plastic ones you see in museums etc. However, the SUSAT appears to be real?
It's an airsoft rifle. The SUSAT is far from real too! It's too small. Has the wrong colour mount, is missing detail, such as the sight adjusting screws at the front, the rubber eye piece, the rear Emergency sight blade....shall I go on?

The weapon looks unused far to much protective finish on it, and the susat, the only time you see a weapon like that is when you get a replacement for a weapon that has been written off. No rubber eyepiece on susat. Could be my old eyes but the mag on the weapon looks to long and is sat at an angle ? No dust cover. These types of things can be bought from airsoft. This does not look like a real L85A1 to me.