• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Who doesnt deserve a knighthood?

Following on from the lively debate in the Sir Lewis Hamilton?? thread, who has been awarded a Knighthood, but in your opinion doesn't deserve it?

My nomination is 'Sir' Salman Rushdie.

I ask you, write a couple of books, receive a Fatwa, go into hiding for a few years (no doubt in a big mansion somewhere nice and sunny) and then marry a model (Padma Lakshmi). Whats difficult about that??

And my next nomination is 'Prince' of pop, Sir Cliff Richard.

I ask you, get a Perma tan, get your teeth 'done', sing a few crap songs, go into hiding (in a nice big mansion in Portugal) and get blown out by Sue Barker. Whats difficult about that?

Sir Stanley Mattews,

I mean come on one world cup game and one winners medal, hardly what I'd call successful

In 1950, Matthews only played in one World Cup game (a 1-0 defeat against Spain).
FA Cup winner: 1953

I'll get back to the kictchen were I belong

Blogg said:
Terry Wogan and Bob Geldorf.

Not being a UK citizens do not get to be called Sir but a Knighthood all the same.
that would be St. Bob Geldof :roll: - he doesn't need his knighthood...he's got a better title.

afghanman said:
Following on from the lively debate in the Sir Lewis Hamilton?? thread, who has been awarded a Knighthood, but in your opinion doesn't deserve it?

My nomination is 'Sir' Salman Rushdie.

I ask you, write a couple of books, receive a Fatwa, go into hiding for a few years (no doubt in a big mansion somewhere nice and sunny) and then marry a model (Padma Lakshmi). Whats difficult about that??
Obviously quite a lot, because I read last week that they're getting divorced.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Although not one yet this cunt deserves fukc all
Lets next time AQ don't post their plans to blow him up on The AQ Rumour Service and get lucky when he's on his next peace envoy mission
If they could get the wife and Ewan aswell I'll put them in for a knighthood

Latest Threads