Who doesnt deserve a knighthood?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by afghanman, Jul 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following on from the lively debate in the Sir Lewis Hamilton?? thread, who has been awarded a Knighthood, but in your opinion doesn't deserve it?

My nomination is 'Sir' Salman Rushdie.

I ask you, write a couple of books, receive a Fatwa, go into hiding for a few years (no doubt in a big mansion somewhere nice and sunny) and then marry a model (Padma Lakshmi). Whats difficult about that??

[​IMG]

2. And my next nomination is 'Prince' of pop, Sir Cliff Richard.

I ask you, get a Perma tan, get your teeth 'done', sing a few crap songs, go into hiding (in a nice big mansion in Portugal) and get blown out by Sue Barker. Whats difficult about that?

[​IMG]

3. /thread. :D

Attached Files:

4. Sir Stanley Mattews,

I mean come on one world cup game and one winners medal, hardly what I'd call successful

In 1950, Matthews only played in one World Cup game (a 1-0 defeat against Spain).
    FA Cup winner: 1953

I'll get back to the kictchen were I belong

5. The Govan Gob - Alex Ferguson.

6. Sir Elton John, I ask you why not Sir George Michael they have the same qualifications.

7. Terry Wogan and Bob Geldorf.

Not being a UK citizens do not get to be called Sir but a Knighthood all the same.

8. anybody who gets one from the current bunch on cnits in the present govmunt

9. In the interests of equality.... and Dames?

10. Not a dame,

Sir Robert Mugabe.

11. Although that has been rectified now.

12. Jeffrey Archer. He was a Knight before becoming a Lord and I think that it's a disgrace that he is still a Lord.

13. that would be St. Bob Geldof :roll: - he doesn't need his knighthood...he's got a better title.

14. How about anyone who has NOT served in HM Forces?

15. Qualifications that they are raging bratty bangers?? :twisted: