Who did you vote for?

Did you vote for Labour in the last election?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Having avoided the brain removal operation on the NHS I've never voted Labour. Why vote for those who want to do away with the Armed Forces? (and anything els that reeks of pride and commitment to country) ... or at least run them down to the level of a Ruritanian army

elovabloke

ADC
I do not care who votes for who as long as they at least vote.

FrankIG said:
Having avoided the brain removal operation on the NHS I've never voted Labour. Why vote for those who want to do away with the Armed Forces? (and anything els that reeks of pride and commitment to country) ... or at least run them down to the level of a Ruritanian army
Who presided over the single wholesale reduction in Britain's armed forces over the last 50 years? John Major's conservative government, with the strategic defence review.

So are you worse off now than you were 10 years ago? I bet few people can say that they are. Can't people remember 3 million unemployed under Thatcher's government? And John Major's government almost bankrupting the country and crashing our economy. The UK's economy is the envy of Europe and that's largely down to Gordon Brown.

Finally, who do you think can run a country? David Cameron or Gordon Brown. And who is the most straightforward bloke of the two?

Labour all the way.

elovabloke

ADC
PoisonDwarf said:
FrankIG said:
Who presided over the single wholesale reduction in Britain's armed forces over the last 50 years? John Major's conservative government, with the strategic defence review.

So are you worse off now than you were 10 years ago? I bet few people can say that they are. Can't people remember 3 million unemployed under Thatcher's government? And John Major's government almost bankrupting the country and crashing our economy. The UK's economy is the envy of Europe and that's largely down to Gordon Brown.

Finally, who do you think can run a country? David Cameron or Gordon Brown. And who is the most straightforward bloke of the two?

Labour all the way.
Hard choice - Weak shit or lying shit who is trying to give the impression that what ever happened over the last ten years had nothing to do with him :?

PoisonDwarf said:
FrankIG said:

Labour all the way.
I'm glad to see a sane voice for once, cuts to ALL public funded services is the ethic of conservatism theirs is the policy of giving the funds that are needed to run all public services of which the Armed forcse are one, to thier own people in the form of tax cuts that benefit the upper classes, Labour policy has always been and will remain sharing the countries wealth with the working man and equlity for all, unfortunately in the rush to get rid of a discredited Conservative gov we elected a fool, hopefully the right man is in power now and will stop the sucking up to the press and bring some sort of order to government again.

TheHatsRevenge said:
PoisonDwarf said:
FrankIG said:

Labour all the way.
I'm glad to see a sane voice for once, cuts to ALL public funded services is the ethic of conservatism theirs is the policy of giving the funds that are needed to run all public services of which the Armed forcse are one, to thier own people in the form of tax cuts that benefit the upper classes, Labour policy has always been and will remain sharing the countries wealth with the working man and equlity for all, unfortunately in the rush to get rid of a discredited Conservative gov we elected a fool, hopefully the right man is in power now and will stop the sucking up to the press and bring some sort of order to government again.
Why the shake up, next year, of tax/ni contributions to benefit people on £35k, and hit people on lower incomes then?

Umm, maybe an election?

TheHatsRevenge said:
PoisonDwarf said:
FrankIG said:

Labour all the way.
Tish and feckin pish. So Labours policy is to share the nations wealth amongst the working man is it? well they can feck off my wealth is my wealth not feckin labours if they want to share their wealth they can crack on. I'll have a slice of that w@nker broons wage. Anti British that's labours policy. Systematic deconstruction of any form of establishment excepting their own communist crap. Brown is unelected in his present job and he was one of those shouting the loudest for an election when Major ascended the 'throne' so put up or shut up Broon. W@nker

elovabloke said:
I think this is the most important thing as well, particually for us wimmin, I feel it is my duty after Emily Pankhurst et all faught so hard to get us the vote.

You can't moan about the mistakes of the govenment if you didn't bother to get off your arse and try and vote for someone else ( or them for that matter)

PoisonDwarf said:
SDR was carried out at a time when we did not need umpteen divisions of armour sitting in Germany waiting for the Russian hordes. However Labour have continued to cut the armed forces at a time when they are being deployed more and more.

PoisonDwarf said:
FrankIG said:

Labour all the way.
Brown has actually stated in all of later Budgets that he's presided over the longest sustained period of growth, then gives a figure that puts the start 4 years into the last Tory adminstration. Basically Broon carried on the Tories policies that they implemented after the fiasco of EMU. He's also presided over council tax rising at three times the inflation rate (twice the rate of pay increases), the colossal waste of money in the Iraq war, the NHS, the CSA. He's severely damaged the pensions of millions of workers.

Brown may be more straightforwards but he's still a thieving bar-steward.

MikeMcc said:
PoisonDwarf said:
FrankIG said:

Labour all the way.
Brown has actually stated in all of later Budgets that he's presided over the longest sustained period of growth, then gives a figure that puts the start 4 years into the last Tory adminstration. Basically Broon carried on the Tories policies that they implemented after the fiasco of EMU. He's also presided over council tax rising at three times the inflation rate (twice the rate of pay increases), the colossal waste of money in the Iraq war, the NHS, the CSA. He's severely damaged the pensions of millions of workers.

Brown may be more straightforwards but he's still a thieving bar-steward.
Absolutely correct and while we're at it we should remind ourselves that the main complaint about the Conservatives and their record on the economy stems from our ejection from the Exchange Rate Mechanism, the precursor of the Euro. We entered this somewhat reluctantly, though I seem to recall that both opposition parties were continually berating the Govt. for the delay in going in. When we did go in and it subsequently went Pete Tong the same bastards were nowhere to be seen! Such is Politics I suppose. Coming out was the best thing that could have happened to the British economy and we can trace our current favourable economic circumstances to that day. Brown was handed the best set of figures ever bequethed to an incoming Chancellor but was too much of a miserable jock turd ever to admit it.
To his credit (and everybody's surprise!) he has not done what every Labour Chancellor before him did, ie. make a complete balls of the economy, but he has, IMHO, squandered F**kin' GAZILLIONS of our hard earned taxes on wasteful and inefficient initiatives ("investment" my arse!) and worst of all, massaged the unemployment statistics by his massive expansion of jobs in the public Sector, something in the region of 650,000 extra Civil servants all doing sod-all andwaiting to draw their index-linked pensions in 30 years time, our grandchildren will be paying for this particular outrage. And incidentally, who do you think all of these "useless mouths" will be voting for at the next election eh? :evil:

PoisonDwarf said:
FrankIG said:

Labour all the way.
Agreed; I am by no means Blairs or Labours biggest fan, nor do I agree with all of their policies, but I voted for them before and as things stand will grudgingly vote for them again.

PoisonDwarf said:

Labour all the way.
Dear God......5 seconds on the web gives you the answer. Big fat Freddie and get your facts right.

Options for Change in 1990 under Thatcher was the post Soviet cut. SDR was the 1998 white paper male bovine product.

Given your poor grasp of Defence history, I seriously doubt your grasp of the last 30 years political history. And having met some of the former steel workers busy retraining for new jobs the idle f**kers deserved to be sacked. Rocking up for overtime work and then sleeping the day away really gives you confidence.

And the correct answer to your question? The correct answer is C. None of them, they're all liars and meddling liitle turds. What this country needs is not more laws, more polices, more guidelines, more rules, more micromanagement. Who the f**k really believes that an elected liar in Whitehall can run the police force in Huntingdon, the schools in Derby and the Hospitials in Exeter?

elovabloke said:
I didnt vote.

I don’t believe the electoral system is representative of the views of the population.
I don’t believe that you can have two, maybe three parties and call it a democracy.
I don’t believe that any of the elected MP's are not corrupted by the money or power once in the 'house'.
I don’t believe that the party that gains overall control will take a blind bit of notice of the ordinary people who put them in power.

I will not get involved with a farcical show that gets wheeled out every 4-5 years, to make the public think they have any bearing on the how the country is run.
:pissedoff:

Well that's your right, Leveller. But it does sort of leave you out on a limb when it comes to criticizing the politicians. What have you done to change the situation? If you haven't exercised your franchise and voted, be it for the BNP, the Communists, the Monster Raving loony party or even the libdems, then you haven't done a thing. And if you haven't DONE anything, what moral right do you have to criticise anything that's done by government?

By refusing to vote, you've basically turned over, spread your cheeks and asked for a big surprise in the keester.

But then, that's your right. Just don't bloody whinge about it.