Who deserves a New Years Honour?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by The-Goose, Dec 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Before the list comes out - who actually derves one

Bruce Forsyth - Knighthood ?
  2. Mr Atkins and his mate Jack.
    Dare I say it but their distant cousin Mr C Rab deserve a mention as well.

3. I thought you said "Deserves" one. What has Bruce really done? Come to think of it how much of the honour system is rotten. Next you will want some over paid sports personality getting a Knighthood! :pissedoff:

And breathe and breathe.......... taxi!
  4. David Beckham knighted....after all they gave me an MBE! :twisted:

Harry Rednapp OBE is a decent bet
  5. I have to agree on the Bruce Forsyth front at the end of the day has he
    worked tirelessly to find a cure for cancer?
    Preformed life saving operations?
    Selfishly put his life on the line for others?
    Dedicated himself to making his local community a better place to live?

I don't get the whole celebraties deserve honors because they managed to avoid getting a proper job ether
  6. What's the name of that Indian fastbowler?...

<Runs away>
  7. I think that Bryn & Emma Parry from Help for Heroes should get an award. They took a great cause built a business model and delivered.

They are superstars and very humble.

8. A posthumous award for Jeremy Kyle.
  9. seconded - OBE's I hope
  10. M_D_N, Spanish dave and all many the others that actualy made a difference to the lives of those in need.

11. Don't be silly; there're no political points to be scored by awarding honours to people who actually deserve them. Far more profitable politically to give the things to Eastenders 'stars', gameshow hosts and other Celebrities - these are the heroes of today, and the votecatchers of the next General Election.
  12. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Theres a few people who use this place who are very deserving, which means of course they won't get anything. But I suppose we can live in hope that people who actually do something worthwhile might be recognised, although I'm not holding my breath.
  13. What annoys me is when cnuts get Gongs and awards etc etc, for merely doing the job that they've been paid handsomely for, when there are thousands of people out there that do some sterling work for no reward whatsoever.
  14. Lord Tony of Georgie's Cranny ( a tract he invested in some time ago.....)...near Duncheatin, apparently.