Who deserves a New Years Honour?

Mr Atkins and his mate Jack.
Dare I say it but their distant cousin Mr C Rab deserve a mention as well.

SK

The-Goose said:
Before the list comes out - who actually derves one

Bruce Forsyth - Knighthood ?
I thought you said "Deserves" one. What has Bruce really done? Come to think of it how much of the honour system is rotten. Next you will want some over paid sports personality getting a Knighthood! :pissedoff:

And breathe and breathe.......... taxi!

right-grumpy said:
The-Goose said:
Before the list comes out - who actually derves one

Bruce Forsyth - Knighthood ?
I thought you said "Deserves" one. What has Bruce really done? Come to think of it how much of the honour system is rotten. Next you will want some over paid sports personality getting a Knighthood! :pissedoff:

And breath and breath.......... taxi!
David Beckham knighted....after all they gave me an MBE! :twisted:

Harry Rednapp OBE is a decent bet

I have to agree on the Bruce Forsyth front at the end of the day has he
worked tirelessly to find a cure for cancer?
Preformed life saving operations?
Selfishly put his life on the line for others?
Dedicated himself to making his local community a better place to live?

I don't get the whole celebraties deserve honors because they managed to avoid getting a proper job ether

What's the name of that Indian fastbowler?...

<Runs away>

I think that Bryn & Emma Parry from Help for Heroes should get an award. They took a great cause built a business model and delivered.

They are superstars and very humble.

K

Killaloe said:
I think that Bryn & Emma Parry from Help for Heroes should get an award. They took a great cause built a business model and delivered.

They are superstars and very humble.

K
seconded - OBE's I hope

M_D_N, Spanish dave and all many the others that actualy made a difference to the lives of those in need.

WW

Don't be silly; there're no political points to be scored by awarding honours to people who actually deserve them. Far more profitable politically to give the things to Eastenders 'stars', gameshow hosts and other Celebrities - these are the heroes of today, and the votecatchers of the next General Election.

Theres a few people who use this place who are very deserving, which means of course they won't get anything. But I suppose we can live in hope that people who actually do something worthwhile might be recognised, although I'm not holding my breath.

What annoys me is when cnuts get Gongs and awards etc etc, for merely doing the job that they've been paid handsomely for, when there are thousands of people out there that do some sterling work for no reward whatsoever.

Seems strange that it was John Major who actually opened up the honours to the 'common man' under Bliar it became for the common millionaire donors. I expect there will a few Met Policemen, perhaps in Anti-Terrorism who get something off Broon.
If all arrsers got together to back a couple of nominations we have plenty of people with just the right skills to 'right up' the worthy. Why not take a serious look at that in the new year.

As someone said earlier - the Honours system is cattled-trucked! Bruce Forsyth ?! (spew, vomit).

I agree with the poster who suggested: 'Tommy Atkins' and 'Jack Tar'.

Why has this excellent system of reward been allowed to become a guide to 'tat' and 'entertainment' at the lowest level? I suppose it is in line with Bliar's aim of reducing this country to an uneducated, non-thinking mass of compliant moronic numb-skulls, thus obviating any chance of 'opposition'.

David Petraeus - did a rather good job in Iraq (can foreign nationals be awarded decorations in the New Years Honours list or are they normally awarded at individual times?)

Lewis Hamilton - youngest ever F1 champion

Chris Hoy -
wiki said:
Scotland's most successful Olympian, the first Briton to win three gold medals in a single Olympic games since Henry Taylor, in 1908, and the most successful Olympic male cyclist of all time.
Rebecca Adlington -
wiki said:
Britain's first Olympic swimming champion since 1988, the first British swimmer to win two Olympic gold medals since 1908 and is Great Britain's most successful Olympic swimmer in 100 years.
Rebecca Romero -
wiki said:
first British woman ever to compete in two different sports at the Olympic Games when she rode in the individual pursuit in Beijing. In winning the gold, she also became only the second woman of any country (after Roswitha Krause of East Germany) to win a medal in two different sports at Summer Games.
Gordon Brown - managed to ruin the UKs economy and make us less economically powerful than the Frogs, boosted armed forces recruitment as a result.