Who can I turn to?

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by steeraway, May 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Having been in a hiring for the last 2 years (since moved back to padsville), I was required to erect a fence as the landlord was not interested in doing the repair in a reasonable timeframe. It was agreed by the support unit that I should go ahead, then be reimbursed for the costs and I have a signed letter confirming this. The landlord has shown no interest in reimbursing me and we are now 10 months down the line.

    The admin office responsible has now closed and the problem has gone to another admin office who have absolutely no interest in helping me.

    I have since left the property and, short of the childish option of breaking down the fence (difficult now that I'm based in a different country), what recourse do I have to be reimbursed for my costs?
  2. If the support unit gave an undertaking to reimburse you, you should be reimbursed - you acted reasonably and in good faith. Your contract will be with the Army, and they then have a contract with the landlord. So, your remedy must be against the Army; it's for them to deal with the landord.

    If you feel you aren't getting anywhere with the current support unit, and you aren't able to go above their heads, I would be inclined to see a solicitor. Many will do the first appointment for othing, so you can find out where you stand. I would also tell the support unit that, in the absence of a satisfactory response from them you intend to take legal action.
  3. Write to Soldier Mag - everyone else does and it seems to get things moving. Whatever you do don't write to your MP as the MOD hate answering questions that way.
  4. Try putting in a 1771 with the letter from your admin officer as the authority. You should be reimbersed. I'm in a hiring at the moment with a fallen down fence (8 months ago) and I sympathise with you!
  5. 1771 Now why didn't I think of that? But won't my new unit just say the 1771 will have to go to the old unit and the problem will continue? I'll let you know how it goes.
  6. if they refuse to action your 1771, you can always redress! remind them that they can investigate it if they like - after all it is not a false claim.
  7. Before the claim can be paid it will require an IAC (Internal Accounting Code) and a Budget UIN against which to charge the expenditure. Both of these should be quoted on your letter of authority, if not then go back to the issuer and request them - a unit won't be able to settle your claim without them!
  8. :evil: :evil: :evil:

    :D :D :D

    Go on Steeraway - take the childish option - far less hassle !!

    Either that or November this year could be good - sounds like you could have a nice bonfire
  9. Proper order Mr Belgrano

    Steeraway, take your fence to your new quarter and be happy with it

  10. Soldier_Why

    Soldier_Why LE Moderator

    Inflammatory posts deleted by me.

    Gotcha - Fcuk off out of my RHQ with those coveralls on, scrote! :wink:

    Baddass - Just Fcuk off out of my RHQ! :D

    Dale - Promoted to Comd Clk, now get the fecking brews on! :p

    And Steeraway, slating the shiney arrse fraternity whilst trying to get an answer on a pay and allowances problem probably isn't the way to go mate...

    Y'all come back again, hear
  11. Apologies. Bad day and all that (but Gotcha did ask for it!).
  12. Your RHQ?
  13. Soldier_Why

    Soldier_Why LE Moderator

    You still here? Did you want something? :wink:
  14. Yes. I'd like to to type me a letter Staff.
  15. Soldier_Why

    Soldier_Why LE Moderator

    Here you can have seven:

    F C U K O F F

    Now unless you think there's any ambiguity in that statement, please don't let the door hit you on the arrse on the way out! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.