Who can afford to be Governor of Illionois?

Discussion in 'US' started by blue-sophist, Dec 9, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

BUY THE SEAT?
    And we think we have trouble with Gordon Brown?

Isn't Barak Obama lucky he's moved out of Illionois politics [just in time] :lol:

2. Illinois corruption, although the state is predominately Democrat, spans political parties. That entire state is a political cesspool and should be exterminated, sanitized and then repopulated with prairie dogs, and buffalo......

3. blue-sophist

Hi, CT ... long time no speak.

Remind me, is FL Dem as well?
    Just to get a balanced view on who does dirty, you understand :wink:

4. Nope we had Jeb (8) and now Charlie(first 4), and both State house and Senate are Republican. It has gone back and forth between dem and rep for some years now as we had Lawton, and Bob Graham as gov as well.

Note I said that Illinois political corruption reaches across political parties. Denny Hastert is/was in some trouble as well pushing some road project through some farmland in central Illinois all the while buying up property and then when the legislation was passed selling it for a nice profit. There was also a scandal with the former republican Gov, that resulted in some court case.

That whole state smells and they need to conduct nuke weapon testing there and leave the poor Gila Monsters in Nevada alone.

5. blue-sophist

Hugs, buddy!

Stay in that bunker for the next 4 years! :wink:

6. I'm working on getting legislation passed allowing the lawful hunting of all politicians and no bag limits...is like tilting at windmills but makes me feel useful :D

7. Jon Stewart pointed out tonight that since it looks like 4 out of the last 8 Illinois governors will have served time, you have a statistically slimmer chance of being banged up for being a murderer (48% conviction rate) than being the governor of Illinois.

8. USAToday came out with the most corrupt states list per capita and Illinois came in 18th!

No. 1- Alaska

No. 2- Louisiana

No. 3- North Dakota

This only counts convictions and as anyone who lives here in Illinois know, our most corrupt politicians manage not to be charged.

9. Chicago has always had one of the most corrupt political machines in the US. Both Obama and Rahm Emanuell are part of that machine. I noticed today that Rahm Emanuel, who is usually at Obama's side was nowhere to be found at Obama's press conference. When located by reporters at an event in Chicago he refused to answer any questions at all and was reportedly quite rude to the reporters, not a good sign. For details look at:
    Chicago Tribune

For background on how Obama works in his home ground read this article in the liberal Boston Globe. Boston Globe clicky
    When you get to the article click on "single page" at the top of the article as the Globe has a limit as to how many pages can be accessed without registering. It gives you an idea as to what Obama is really like.

10. blue-sophist

Recently received by email ... I guess most of you have seen it before.

11. Jasus B-S the UK is at Number 7 as well 8O

12. blue-sophist

Yup.

Why did I leave?
    Because I got tired of paying for every other bu66er [well, a lot of them].
    'Nuff said?

PM incoming, BTW.

13. Slipping into Number * I would have said

14. Do you know why this is, blue? The septic republicans are as responsible as the dems - maybe more so - for allowing this immigration - their supporters - the corporations, want the cheap labour which Americans can not compete with. Do you really think all of these people would risk coming over the border if they had no economic incentive? Punish the companies that hire them with huge finanicial penalties and you will see the immigration dry up.

As to the governor of Illinois, rumour is he may be involved in a set up to drag down some more with him, and he gets off easier. Wouldn't surprise me.

15. blue-sophist

Go away, Kevin.

I'm sure there's an Irish Republican site you should be chatting on.

G'night.