Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who burnt down the White House (Aug 23rd, 1814)

aidanwhite

On ROPS
On ROPs
Isn't this incitement to mutiny, so cant he just be beheaded or something?

no, it just doesn't make sense to me, the british army was defeated n basra, in sangrin, etc, and retreated in ignominy yet the MOD continues to waste billions on ridiculous nuclear deterrents (if the UK did not harass any other nations they wouldn't need a nuclear deterrent for self defence) and aircraft carriers to continue imperialist conflicts around the globe

British and US companies win Iraq oil contracts probably because their pocket books got a lot larger

no, it just doesn't make sense to me, the british army was defeated n basra, in sangrin, etc, and retreated in ignominy yet the MOD continues to waste billions on ridiculous nuclear deterrents (if the UK did not harass any other nations they wouldn't need a nuclear deterrent for self defence) and aircraft carriers to continue imperialist conflicts around the globe

British and US companies win Iraq oil contracts probably because their pocket books got a lot larger

Have you ever actually listened to yourself?

aidanwhite

On ROPS
On ROPs
A tradition gleefully adopted by PIRA et al.

Jean McConville, Omagh etc refers.

Why do you think that I am a member or former volunteer of the republican provos?

aidanwhite

On ROPS
On ROPs
Have you ever actually listened to yourself?
please leave the army if you are in and if not then refuse to be part of the reserves

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
[

Why did you correct British to English?

The Kingdom of England assaulted Ireland completely unprovoked largely because of Adrian IV, Ireland was not a unified country in any way. It was a serious of different kingdoms against England which had a greater population by far.

The Irish are an extremely courageous and heroic race so continued to rise up repeatedly, but what did you expect?

Look at the rebellions in 1798, arguably the first true uprisings that can be called Republican. Irishmen with pikes against the British regular army and fencibles. (note that the 93rd scots played a huge roll in harassing and suppressing the rebellion, more to dispute the evil English celtic unity nonsense)

The next republican rebellion was a small campaign of guerillas under Dwyer against the entire British establishment in Ireland. He lasted five years and the crown forces finally killed him after huge search efforts that resembled those of the 1970s, with houses smashed up by loads of squaddies hunting "provos".

Then the rebellion in 1803 was more of a deadly riot than anything else, hastily planned and easily put down by lines of troops firing volleys and dragoons.

The Young Irelander rebellion was again a group of heroic Irish republicans trying to fight against the entire state, brave but ridiculous.

There were many other skirmishes I left out but these are basically the most important ones.

The next major event occurred in 1916, where hundreds of British soldiers with artillery and superior numbers of infantry failed to suppress a much smaller number of rebels and took much worse casualties. The Irishmen surrendered because the artillery was being used to kill innocent people, and squaddies were absolutely losing it and butchering anyone they saw on the streets.

The next rebellion in the 1920s resulted in a stalemate and a compromise. The Black and Tans were deployed onto the streets and continued the tradition of killing non-combatants but were not nearly as effective against the IRA. The first Black and Tan killed was a Scottish man as well, when the IRA opened fire on an RIC base, NOT English.

The provos took twenty eight years to defeat and I would credit that largely due to MI5/Special Branch not the army alone.
There it is.jpg

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

aidanwhite

On ROPS
On ROPs
Right on brother..... where do I sign?

I simply advise you to try to inform more of your comrades and to not participate in any more illegal wars for the UK

and if you want to do more then you could help leftist groups near you especially any AFA groups since you are not averse to violence and they may need protection from fascist *********

We dont - we know you are not, you aren't even old enough to remember the troubles and get your history from the Adams book of propaganda bollox I just made up

Which is of course why you adore the cowardly murderers who terrorised there own people more than they ever did the enemy

leftist groups near you especially any AFA groups since you are not averse to violence and they may need protection from fascist *********

Oh christ I should have guessed its an SWP SJW conspiraloon

Its like Bugsy only dumber

The British army is a misnomer, you lot are more of an incompetent, cowardly illiterate collection of Albion's worst, thugs, liars, murderers, rapists, fornicators, drug addicts, child abusers, etc

Slab Murphy, charming fellow who only ever broke legs of those who deserved it. Gerry Adams brother Liam, sent down for 16 years for child abuse. A trait learned from their father.

Fianna Fail TD Martin Corry admitted to torturing and murdering for the IRA.

"Enforcement" by Black and Decker through the knee...

Etc

aidanwhite

On ROPS
On ROPs
We dont - we know you are not, you aren't even old enough to remember the troubles and get your history from the Adams book of propaganda bollox I just made up

Which is of course why you adore the cowardly murderers who terrorised there own people more than they ever did the enemy

I am not a supporter of the provisional IRA

The provos beating squads without due process terrorised local communities, and many members were allowed to settle personal grudges against people that committed no offence to the law

the IRA used the homes and flats of people as sniping posts to the army if the people wanted to let them or not, and this would often bring the wrath of the terrorist crown forces against the occupants of the dwelling

the bombings and shootings like mcgurk's pub and Birmingham can never claim to have been justified at all

they also killed many innocent protestants along the border areas

and police officers were being shot in the 90s with ridiculous justifications of the RUC's actions in the 60s

their brutal arson campaign was one of the most destructive in the UK by any force since the bombings by the nazis

aidanwhite

On ROPS
On ROPs
Slab Murphy, charming fellow who only ever broke legs of those who deserved it. Gerry Adams brother Liam, sent down for 16 years for child abuse. A trait learned from their father.

Fianna Fail TD Martin Corry admitted to torturing and murdering for the IRA.

"Enforcement" by Black and Decker through the knee...

Etc

I am not a supporter of the provisional IRA

The provos beating squads without due process terrorised local communities, and many members were allowed to settle personal grudges against people that committed no offence to the law

the IRA used the homes and flats of people as sniping posts to the army if the people wanted to let them or not, and this would often bring the wrath of the terrorist crown forces against the occupants of the dwelling

the bombings and shootings like mcgurk's pub and Birmingham can never claim to have been justified at all

they also killed many innocent protestants along the border areas

and police officers were being shot in the 90s with ridiculous justifications of the RUC's actions in the 60s

their brutal arson campaign was one of the most destructive in the UK by any force since the bombings by the nazis

Its like Bugsy only dumber
I never thought it possible that those depths could ever be plumbed, but aidanwhite's really making a strong push for that. He's blockheaded enough that I believe the only way he performs basic bodily functions is because he has a semi-operative central nervous system.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

Latest Threads