Who ate all the pies?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cast_a_cold_eye, Dec 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Courtesy of Guido Fawkes' Blog: http://www.order-order.com/

Daily Food Allowances : According to the government, Army and RAF personnel (on base) get £1.63 per day spent on them , and the Navy (when in port), gets £1.78 per day. Schoolchildren in state schools now get on average some 50p, up from 37p since Jamie Oliver. (Admittedly for only one lunch meal, but it is still nevertheless revealing.) Now compare that with the average spend per day on food for prisoners. £1.87. Those in a Young Offenders' Institute get a budget of £3.81 per day, over double the armed forces. How much do politicians get? £20 per day, no receipts required. 12 times as much as a soldier. Can it be any clearer where their real priorities lie?

2. and your point is....?

3. A hit , a very palpable hit......

4. wah............................lol

5. I am giving it a bloody good try!:hungry:

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Actually folks - it's not a wah. These cnuts actually get this, as do young chav offenders and the like.

7. Who ate all the pies?
    looking in the mirror i did

8. and looking around so did Burnley,Blackburn and most of Lancashire

9. Chavscum should be eating slops that would otherwise be fed to pigs.

The reason they are where they are is for punishment.

Politicains getting 20 quid a day?,well that should suprise no one.

Corrupt scum,noses perpetually in the trough.........

10. I don't know what your point is, however:

Don't forget that troops get 3 cooked meals a day.

Children only eat one cooked meal while in school, and its portion size is considerably smaller than an adults.

11. The point is the amount of tax moeny that is allocated to ensure athat differnet groups get a balanced diet.
    School childeren get 50p, HMF get £1.63-£1.78.
    Prisoners get £1.87, young offenders ie teenage scumbags get 3.81
    Politickians get £20 for which they do not have to provide proof of what they spent this money on.

So where do you think the priority for spending tax money is?

12. Charlie ate all the pies. Hadn't you heard?

Are you really surprised by any of this? Chavscum can sue under the HRA, politicians have their greasy paws firmly wedged into our wallets, and the military get the short straw from the Treasury, again.

You could bring up "Pay as You Starve" as well and drag this down into the Naafi Bar :twisted: Or just mention the Daily Food Allowance for MOD police dogs - that generally does the trick.

13. I am sure I read recently that their Lordships in the Other Place have been making a costly mistake. Apparantly they can claim up to £300 a week for expenses. Some thought this was an allowance and were claiming it anyway. The punchline was that their Lordships do not have to produce or keep any receipts. Can you imagine that at your future CM when you say, ' I am sorry I claimed 4 Disturbance Allowances, I thought it was Home to Duty by mistake, and no I didnt keep any receipts!' Hello MCTC!!