Who are we in Kuwait/Iraq for??

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by kes15, Feb 22, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ???
    Weapons of mass dest?  War iminent?  War on terrorism??  We have the British Army in thousands backing the Yanks, is this true?  So Im seeing the news, making my own opinions of todays current affairs and yet a little birdie tells me (who is in Kuwait) that the yanks main reason for being out there is not to rid the world of terrorism and Saddarse Hussy, but to gain sole access to the oil.
    Please can someone enlighten me to why we are out there! Thanks.  :-/

2. Think you've already answered that one yourself.........either cos the yanks are or the oil....you decide!

;)

3. and all our mates are goin

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Hopefully the Honourable Memeber for Texas North may have had his last term in office!

5. oil is the reason ! and not forgetting all those KFC and Mcdonald franchises :mad: as well

6. Going back to 11/09/01.....

One of the reasons that our friend Bin Laden is so p**sed off is that there are western forces in the Holy Land of Saudi.....and what are they doing there?

They are there to enforce the "No Flight zone" over Southern Iraq and prevent further aggro from Saddam.

OK then, let's see if we can solve Problem number one by solving Problem number two! ;)