Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Whittington Bks, Lichfield

the_worrier!

Old Salt
This has been talked about for yonks, but is it actually going to happen now?

What are the general feelings about it? Is the idea that 'marrieds' will be quartered there and work at RCDM?

No more FIA for the students!!!!!!?

Well we were told recently that the aim was not to move students out to lichfield as it wasn't practical to get everybody into Birmingham every morning. Therefore students are staying put where they are.

It was announced on Central News last night that it has been given the green light - the figure £200 million springs to mind, but I may be wrong. The move, according to Central TV is definitely imminent...

I live a spit away and dropped by a few weeks ago on an unconnected matter. spoke to the gate guard (civvy) .he reckons it will be students. if the old codger on the gate reckons that it must be true!!!

RAF_Nurse! This has been talked about for yonks, but is it actually going to happen now?

I think you'll find this is a 5 year plan and there aint no diggers there yet!

RAF_Nurse! What are the general feelings about it? Is the idea that 'marrieds' will be quartered there and work at RCDM?

That i'd like to see; Do you know how many SFAs there are there? I do...

RAF_Nurse! No more FIA for the students!!!!!!?

Nah! Students WILL still be accommodated in Birmingham...

There will be students at Lichfield, many of those at Keogh and some in Aldershot (DDSTE) but the bulk of the DSHCS will be remain whare they are. This is about 55-6 yrears away.

Lichfield will also house HQ staff from Gosport and London I think.

I understand that there is a separate plan for accommodation in Brum. If anyone wants more detail I'm happy to give it by PM.