Whitney Houston on X Factor... stoned?

#2
I watched it for Cole, C and to stop my daughters fighting.
 
#4
Whitney Houston, while being able to hold a tune, was a product of her managers and her musical connections. Her aunt (Sissy Houston) was an extremely talented original member of the "Sweet Inspirations" of Stax/Volt fame. If you look to truly breathtaking singers in the same frame as Whitney Houston, take a listen to wimmin like Lorraine Ellison and her rendition of "Stay With Me Baby". Now that's what you really call "a voice".

MsG
 
#12
Whitney was not stoned, it was just another manifestation of a thyroid problem.
 
#13
probably same medication Kerry Katona took before breakfast TV
 
#14
Bugsy said:
Whitney Houston, while being able to hold a tune, was a product of her managers and her musical connections. Her aunt (Sissy Houston) was an extremely talented original member of the "Sweet Inspirations" of Stax/Volt fame. If you look to truly breathtaking singers in the same frame as Whitney Houston, take a listen to wimmin like Lorraine Ellison and her rendition of "Stay With Me Baby". Now that's what you really call "a voice".

MsG
Oh Puh-lease, Cissy Houston is Whitney's mother (not aunty) and there is no doubt that she has a great voice (ravaged by drug abuse no doubt, but great nevertheless).

She did appear high on something on X-Factor last night, but her performance was pretty good especially since her dress came undone halfway through. I enjoyed her performance way way better than that of Cheryl Cole who has no business whatsoever singing because she does not have a good voice. I must however say that Cheryl's dance routine (choreography) was very entertaining and quite good.

Goodness knows what Whitney had taken before her performance because she was barely coherent. Nevertheless, not a bad come-back performance after a long hiatus (about 12 years or so since she was last on UK television). When one thinks that she has not appeared here since she was 34 years old, I do not believe that her performance (especially in light of her history) was at all bad.
 
#16
Samco said:
Bugsy said:
Whitney Houston, while being able to hold a tune, was a product of her managers and her musical connections. Her aunt (Sissy Houston) was an extremely talented original member of the "Sweet Inspirations" of Stax/Volt fame. If you look to truly breathtaking singers in the same frame as Whitney Houston, take a listen to wimmin like Lorraine Ellison and her rendition of "Stay With Me Baby". Now that's what you really call "a voice".

MsG
Oh Puh-lease, Cissy Houston is Whitney's mother (not aunty) .........
Fair point, but her aunt, Thelma Houston, was the best of the three of them. She has a superb voice (think "Saturday night, Sunday morning")......check her out........true quality.
 
#17
Bugsy said:
Whitney Houston, while being able to hold a tune
The only tune she could ever hold was one that helped her breathe more easily.
 
#18
Just a couple of minor points, why, oh why is there a discussion on the lineage of the Family Houston? Is her mom/sister/aunt/nan fit enough to throw one up? Just curious, not that it's isn't very, very interesting and all that, perhaps we could try a go back a few more years, that'll be fun :roll:
Whitney, whilst without question a drug addled crack whore, could actually carry quite a good tune. The fact that she decided to ruin her life is neither here nor there. I do not care for her singing but she is/was good at it, just because every time I hear the powerful end chorus of "I will always love you" I want to ram a pillow into her mouth whilst having someone drive 6" nails into my ears, shouldn't detract from the fact that she can sing.
I am more interested in "Bobby Brown and the Illusive Bum Trout" is that a new kids book? Anyone know the abridged version?
 
#19
duckula said:
I do not care for her singing but she is/was good at it, just because every time I hear the powerful end chorus of "I will always love you" I want to ram a pillow into her mouth whilst having someone drive 6" nails into my ears, shouldn't detract from the fact that she can sing.
I am more interested in "Bobby Brown and the Illusive Bum Trout" is that a new kids book? Anyone know the abridged version?
I'll NEVER forgive her for torturing an absolute classic by the one and only Dolly Parton. Her version is gleaming.

As for the Ellusive Bum Trout - what's all that about?
 
#20
Queensman said:
duckula said:
I do not care for her singing but she is/was good at it, just because every time I hear the powerful end chorus of "I will always love you" I want to ram a pillow into her mouth whilst having someone drive 6" nails into my ears, shouldn't detract from the fact that she can sing.
I am more interested in "Bobby Brown and the Illusive Bum Trout" is that a new kids book? Anyone know the abridged version?
I'll NEVER forgive her for torturing an absolute classic by the one and only Dolly Parton. Her version is gleaming.

As for the Ellusive Bum Trout - what's all that about?
Well, people keep harping on about Bobby Brown rummaging around her colon digging out some shoite, sounded like it would make a decent bedtime story.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Sick Jokes 18
King-walt The NAAFI Bar 59
W The NAAFI Bar 101

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top