Whitney Houston Dead

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
OK - who had Whitney Houston in the dead pool? She's been found dead in the Beverly Hilton in LA.

Whitney Houston dies at 48 at Beverly Hilton Hotel - Telegraph

Whitney Houston, one of America's most successful singers who was plagued by drug use, has died aged 48. She died in a suite on the fourth floor of the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Los Angeles where she was a guest. She was pronounced dead at 3.55pm local time. Her publicist said the cause of her death was unknown. According to celebrity website TMZ the singer was found in a bath tub and prescription drugs were in the room. An autopsy will establish whether she drowned, whether drugs were involved, or whether there was another cause.
Wordsmith

Sleep in this morning did you?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Is she really dead?
Nobody mentioned.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Yes sadly - had a quick look for a post and didn't find one.

Living proof that an excess of alcohol halves your IQ the next day.

Mods - can you delete this...

wordsmith
MODS - please can we keep this so Alsacien has something to taunt Wordsmith with in the Economics Forum.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I wish these fuckin celebs would have the decency to throw a double-six at a decent time (GMT). Sunday fuckin morning, mouth like Ghandi's flipflop and I'm woken to a symphony of mobile phone message alerts, each one being a Whitney related joke.

She ruined my whole basic training experience, the bitch. 1992 was not a good year to join up when all you could hear on the radio, and your time off was AIIIIEEEEIIIIEEEEIIIIIIAAAEEEEEIIIIII. I'd have been a fucking admiral by now but for her fucking up my mind.

And again ‘Drugs’ Presley, Winehouse and I wonder just how many more; I mean the many who die every hour from the same drugs?

It seems to me that there is a small flaw in the system, or perhaps it is just me? If I sold Cyanide or similar on the open market I bet it would be a very short time before I was locked up for a very long time, drug pushers who cause more deaths than knife and gun murders put together are usually fined or are back on the street within a few months.

Yes I know that the druggies take the s**t voluntarily, but I also know that statistically cigarette smoke also kills even some poor buggers who are breathing other peoples exhaled smoke.

Basically the whole system is nonsense, but then there are so many of the well heeled who are making great profits at the expense of others weaknesses.

Before you lambast me, yes, I did smoke from age of 11 up to Jan 1st 2000 and I stopped because my daughter asked me to. I have never been tempted by any other S**t, I can get my kicks by other legal and healthier means. (Talisker being one)

Please don’t kick those artistes who are killing themselves, most of their faults come from the constant pressure that they are under, it’s a way out in many cases.

but I also know that statistically cigarette smoke also kills even some poor buggers who are breathing other peoples exhaled smoke.
Show me documented, conclusive proof of that. And no - citing Roy Castle does not count.

Good luck with that ;)

Well, its like the God thing, no one has seen him (or it) but half of the world accepts it. there is no scientific proof, but common sense prevails, but not everyone has the sense to accept, especially if they themselves are smokers?

Also, why is it that most of the civilised world had banned smoking in clubs, pubs, etc? It is just a matter of time, before all this garbage is completely banned. (Including the God thing).

Look back a little. When I was serving a long tome ago, there were cigarettes in the haversack rations. That was 1959 ish. Are they still there?

My guess is that you are a smoker???

And again ‘Drugs’ Presley, Winehouse and I wonder just how many more; I mean the many who die every hour from the same drugs? ... Basically the whole system is nonsense, but then there are so many of the well heeled who are making great profits at the expense of others weaknesses.

Please don’t kick those artistes who are killing themselves, most of their faults come from the constant pressure that they are under, it’s a way out in many cases.
Well said - also, crack cocaine is a very different drug to most others; read this: Whitney Houston and crack cocaine: why this addiction is so desperately hard to break – Telegraph Blogs.

No most of their faults are self inflicted

Ego maniacal god complexes with a misguided sense of entitlement .

They know the profession they are in and all the good n bad bits it brings

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Sick Jokes 18
King-walt The NAAFI Bar 59
Artemis1 The NAAFI Bar 183