Whither Pakistan? Imran Khan loses confidence vote

As we saw when Benazir Bhutto regretted she stood up to wave, the Brit Pak community is extremely partisan. lets hope we don't have have an outbreak of communal violence here, mirroring what could happen in Pakistan.

If they keep it within their own community I doubt anyone else will care.

As we saw when Benazir Bhutto regretted she stood up to wave, the Brit Pak community is extremely partisan. lets hope we don't have have an outbreak of communal violence here, mirroring what could happen in Pakistan.
No sign of any excitement in East Birmingham yet. The locals usually set off loads of fireworks and race round the streets with Pakistan flags flying when elections happen, but they are just racing round the streets ATM.

QRK2

LE
Missus said something interesting to me last night - Since the formation of the country, only one Prime Minister has served a full parliamentary term - but not one has served the full five year term of the position.

They've either been ousted, arrested or assassinated.
It sounds to me that Imran would take great pleasure in re educating your out spoken wife, 10 paces behind and head down under the veil.

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
For over 5 years my next door neighbours have been Pak Army officers. All very fine fellows and well experienced. One of their mothers was an Education Minister for IK with a focus on female education in the tribal areas of the North West (Frontier).

Whilst most of the world focuses on the war in Ukraine, Pakistan is in the middle of yet another crisis, with the PM Imran Khan losing a confidence vote...which he doesn't recognise. This, as so often with politics in Pakistan, could precipitate a civil war.

His behaviour has seemed a bit erratic of late and is convinced that Western Power (ie the UK and US) are plotting against him. Meanwhile Modi next door has been rattling a few Talwars but now the West is out of Afghanistan, who really GAF?
It's always the US' fault when it comes to problems in a predominantly Islamic nation... it's the default answer for sorry losers i.e "racism"

Missus said something interesting to me last night - Since the formation of the country, only one Prime Minister has served a full parliamentary term - but not one has served the full five year term of the position.

They've either been ousted, arrested or assassinated.
Or hanged, as was the case with Butto senior.

Exactly.
Always struck me as a pompous barstward.
He was married to *Sir James Goldsmith's lass Jemima of *Cavenham Confectionery Chewits/ Parkinsons Thins/Famous Names" fame...but she split after 2 kids finding the Pak demands of so called social compliances over bearing. Lovely English Rose as well.
And Jewish as well. I bet he keeps that bit quite when playing the Islam card.

Ecosse

On ROPS
On ROPs
And Jewish as well. I bet he keeps that bit quite when playing the Islam card.
Well yeah...forgot that one.
I worked for Goldsmith in the 70's.
Met him briefly once at an Xmas Gala company dinner in the late 70's
He came round all the tables and sat with every table for a bit just to meet us in person. what we did in the company bla bla,
I got the idea he knew a shit load more than he let on.
Lovely guy he was.

Exactly.
Always struck me as a pompous barstward.
He was married to *Sir James Goldsmith's lass Jemima of *Cavenham Confectionery Chewits/ Parkinsons Thins/Famous Names" fame...but she split after 2 kids finding the Pak demands of so called social compliances over bearing. Lovely English Rose as well.
Some, twenty two, posh English totty girlfriends, over the years, if the papers are to be believed,though only Jemima went the full foot-stool distance before bailing out.

D

Deleted 184863

Speaking of Birmingham, Billy Birmingham always used to mock Imran's playboy character by referring to him as Idrav Fascaz.

I think the only concern about Pakistan's governance for the rest of the World is 'What about the nukes?'.
Every intelligence review I've read expects any Islamic terrorist organisation to use one within days of getting hold of it.

Speaking of Birmingham, Billy Birmingham always used to mock Imran's playboy character by referring to him as Idrav Fascaz.
He was also Wasim Imranamadroota.