Whitey need not apply

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by stoatman, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. You've just got to love this job advert :roll::

anyone feel like applying? Deadline is tomorrow.

2. For £11,468 per annum I wouldn't even get out of me pit!

3. Well, do this then: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8138665.stm

And the best bit?

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Thanks.
    Just sent the link to my ex-wife.

5. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

As long as they don't suggest that the person is black, of Afro-caribbean descent and gay - that would be discrimination . . . . . on, no, sorry, I meant to say 'not homosexual' - that IS discrimination!

6. It's positive discrimination..which needs to be done really.
    And for 11k it's just trying to get a black man out of Maccy D's to be honest.

Let's face it, which one of you ***** would apply for an 11k job? I wouldn't **** for 11k in the privacy of my own home, and thats just on principle!

7. How does one prove one is of said origin? To use physical characteristics is stereotyping eg he looks like a typical XYZ, a method which is clearly discouraged and frowned upon. In addition, I am certain there are 4th/5th generation immigrants, whose origins lie in non-Caucasian ethnic groups, who look more caucasian that John Bull. I'm sure most people do not have documentary evidence of their origin, so how on earth do they weed out people?

8. re. the museum had the same job in advertised in Brighton.
    council concerned there not ethnic enough.
    thing is Brighton is "hideously white" the correct pc term.

I don't think the council likes ethnics more its just if they could import a load they would cause they'd hit some target.
    so if anyone knows where you can hold of 10000 assorted ethnic gay men preferably no driving licenses (so they will live in the town centre media corner :roll: not require any council services or send kids to school or drive :twisted:

9. I'd get a reference from Dr Alice Roberts, everyone is of African descent as any anthropologist will tell you.

What boils my piss about this is that it's purely discriminatory against white people. If it was someone to deal purely with African issues or Chinese matters there might be some justification in specifying someone from that ethnic group (although I still think it's bollox) but what does a person of Chinese descent have in common with a person of Afro-Caribbean descent that neither have in common with someone from a European background?

Great for the employee's self esteem too: "I got this job not because I was the best candidate but because of my skin colour."

10. Good point! We are a far more mixed lot than our outer shells would indicate... e.g. Ecky-thumpers are of African descent

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

A first or upper second Honours Degree for a job which pays between £6.16 and £6.45 per hour?

It's not someone from a specified background they're after, it's someone who's tapped in the heed.

12. So... A White South Afrikaan could apply? Maybe a job for a turfed out farmer, although I think she/he'd want more than they're offering.

13. Why?

Why? What about all of the other creeds and colours employed by Maccy D's?

14. It's not as crazy as it sounds, since it is a part-time work/study position, resulting in an MA.

Imagine if you have a BA in some utter nonsense like media studies from a 10th-rate ex-community college, and you would like to work in a museum, innit.

This isn't a bad deal to work your way to an MA in some related utter nonsense.

15. Deleted due to IT double tap!