White Poppy man.

Interesting, when did wind up come to mean making a laughing stock of oneself?
Ah; the old "I've made myself look a gargantuan Corvid so I'll pretend its all a windup hahahahahahaha" line.

Hasn't worked since 1996, has it?

:eek: you are so warlike... when did you last go to war? :frustrated:
Well there was this battle over the last Bratwurst mit Pommes and Mayo and then there was this discussion with this Yankee Pvt over this girl with low morals that got a bit out of hand. Back in 1999 there was this other thing called KFOR, not much of a war but i hope it counts.

Well there was this battle over the last Bratwurst mit Pommes and Mayo and then there was this discussion with this Yankee Pvt over this girl with low morals that got a bit out of hand. Back in 1999 there was this other thing called KFOR, not much of a war but i hope it counts.
I believe that if things had gone a different way at Pristina Airport...

Couple of random drunks shook my hand and said"thank you for your service",yesterday.
Never had that one,something else that has migrated across the Atlantic.
I can't decide if it's a good or bad thing.

Not a laughing stock at all, it generated some interesting conversation, although not sure why you stepped into the ring? I did originally ask for intelligent answers..;) That probably wasn't read out to you coherently?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Not a laughing stock at all, it generated some interesting conversation, although not sure why you stepped into the ring? I did originally ask for intelligent answers..;) That probably wasn't read out to you coherently?
Yeah, comprehension just isn't your thing is it? Along with the complex task of using quotes.

Anyone can donate any money at any time. Why the need to point out that very obvious fact? Its because you are more generous and benevolent than anyone else?
Dunno mate, seems like you felt the need to hint at your year-round generosity by pointing it out too:-
people can donate at time during the year, not just when they want people to see how generous they are around November.
You point out the obvious but surely the whole point of the poppy appeal is that it is the main fundraising drive of the RBL’s year? As I said, an indicator of its effectiveness can usually be seen by the fairly universal wearing of poppies. Although some prefer to embellish their support by wearing the type of little badges you like. No problem- it’s a matter of personal choice.

Dunno mate, seems like you felt the need to hint at your year-round generosity by pointing it out too:-

You point out the obvious but surely the whole point of the poppy appeal is that it is the main fundraising drive of the RBL’s year? As I said, an indicator of its effectiveness can usually be seen by the fairly universal wearing of poppies. Although some prefer to embellish their support by wearing the type of little badges you like. No problem- it’s a matter of personal choice.
I thought the whole point was to remember the fallen? Clearly not for some people.

What no currywurst? War is hell

Yeah, comprehension just isn't your thing is it? Along with the complex task of using quotes.
Fair one, but then some of us work and have families.
From the amount of messages I see you have put on here this is your life, constant barbs and waspish messages are all you and your screamer pals have to live for... Enjoy your virtual parade ground!
Anyone want to buy a white poppy?

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Fair one, but then some of us work and have families.
From the amount of messages I see you have put on here this is your life, constant barbs and waspish messages are all you and your screamer pals have to live for... Enjoy your virtual parade ground!
Anyone want to buy a white poppy?
Ah, the old I have a life ploy now another classic from the arms locker of the thinking impaired.