White men should never hold elected positions in universities

At my university's most recent SU election (about two weeks ago), the majority of candidates were white men, and in many cases the only candidates available for office were white men. Additionally, turnout was somewhere around 25% of the student body.

No one gives a shit about the SU, its full of a self-promoting 'SU clique' who vote for and advise each other. They can't even get selling cheap beer right.

Most students just want to get on with drinking, shagging, smoking and occasionally doing some degree-related stuff. Very few are interested in radical politics.

Election results if anyone is that interested:

https://www.susu.org/elections/stats/

On the other hand - we had a story about the bint that was displaying her front garden at Queen Mary University London.
Roll call at QMUL

President and Principal White male
Vice principal White male
Vice-Principal and Executive Dean White female
Vice-Principal and Executive Dean White male
Vice-Principal White female
Vice-Principal White male
Chief Strategy Officer White male
Chief Operating Officer White male

So there we are.

You shouldn't really be writing for newspapers or be anywhere near a university if you can't grasp the fact that the UK is 81.2 % white, which might account for there being a lot of white men about.

Wiping down toilets would be your role in life.

You shouldn't really be writing for newspapers or be anywhere near a university if you can't grasp the fact that the UK is 81.2 % white, which might account for there being a lot of white men about.

My bold - unlike university's whose students are definitely not 81% white. At least not at Southampton Solent and Portsmouth unis. These seemed more like 81% foreign nationals. Although the majority of these students are not interested in the SU. Not really sure what my point is there though?

My own opinion is any position should be for the best candidate regardless of colour/ ethnics/ disabilities/ male or female/ perversion etc. But the madness of political correctness deems otherwise!

Have you ever been to London?

The NUS give you a card that gets you cheap stuff.

SU put on bops.

SU has cheap booze.

The lefty stuff is generally left to them that can't find the shower.

On the other hand - we had a story about the bint that was displaying her front garden at Queen Mary University London.
Roll call at QMUL

President and Principal White male
Vice principal White male
Vice-Principal and Executive Dean White female
Vice-Principal and Executive Dean White male
Vice-Principal White female
Chief Strategy Officer White male
Chief Operating Officer White male

So there we are.

Of course, none of those are the elected positions in Student Unions the article was on about.

From the article 'University is supposed to be amazing, a transformative experience which is informed by student unions across the country. Yet people don’t give a toss about their student unions, no one cares about the NUS, and activism is dying at all but a few hardcore universities.'

And here's me thinking Uni was about HE.

The writer obviously didn't.learn much... given the key word is 'elected'.

Democratically, if more people want a misogynist honky then that's what we get.

Being an ignorant state educated mister average, what do the SU do?
Is there a need for the leftie twats to have a Union, and if they called a strike, would anyone notice?
We have a few buildings on campus with a variety of services in them: Cafe, shop, pub, restaurants, lettings agency, advice centre, squash courts, nightclub. The union also dishes out funding to sports teams and other clubs (performing arts for example). They also act as a student voice to the university, will act as advisors for disciplinaries (i.e. all the usual trades union stuff).

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A Charity Auctions 36
philc The NAAFI Bar 449
crazy_chester Travel 26