White House Wants Saddam Tried as Soon as Possible

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Jun 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=topNews&storyID=5497006

Boost their prospects in Election year? 8O 8O

Mr. Specter, they're hoping he dies of natural causes in Election year, because if he doesn't , he is going to get on that stand, and be convincing and eloquent. Especially, when he talks about his previous "Special relationship" with the United States.

The last thing the Administration wants before November, is Saddam on the stand.

Scott, you're not quite as big a bulls*it artist as Ari Fleischer, but it's a photofinish.
  2. Saddam is in a position to embarrass the Washington "nomenklatura."

There is just no way they are going allow him to climb into the witness box and be gently led by his lawyer into telling all the nasty stuff he knows.
  3. "Q: Kindly tell the court where, when, and under what circumstances you first met Mr. Rumsfeld.

"Q: And who was it in Washington who suggested to you that you might be of assistance in curtailing the excess population of Iran?

"Q: And what did Miss Glaspie have to say to you about the views of the US government in the matter of your country's oil rights dispute with Kuwait?

"Prosecutor: Objection! I object!!! Your Honor, I never....

"Court: We'll take a brief recess. Counsel will see me in chambers."