White House used forged documents in case for Iraq war

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by KGB_resident, Aug 5, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/1008766.html

2. Oh that is such old news ... nobody believes it here but it does rear its scraggy head ever so often ...
  3. Newsflash bear poo's in wood...dodgy int, smoke and mirror, porkies monkey boy and billy liar. 'Not news' really.
  4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

And there was I thinking it was the non-existent WMD.

Sergey, we've long known that the shaved chimp had subsumed AQ and Iraq into one aspect of the Axle of Elvis, so can you now tell us something that we didn't know?
  5. Saddam hated the Islamofascists, why would he train them? That's the job of the CIA.
  6. [​IMG]

HMS Sergey
  7. She's not me. I don't see St.Andrew flag (Russian naval flag, looks like Scotish one but it is a blue cross on a white field).

The article contains something new (at least for me). It appears that MI6 recruited Saddam's intelligence chief. So mr.Balir having such an outstanding source of information at hand was pretty well aware about absence of any WMD in Iraq. Still he hasn't made such a confession.
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Has Vlad The Bald admitted his fondness for devising unusual Sushi dishes? Or having his chaps pack the basement of a Ryazan tower block with.... ah yes. Turned out it was bags of sugar didnt it? Silly me. Care to discuss your rules of engagement in Chechnya?

I could go on. But first could you take off that tinfoil hat? It looks silly.
  9. You lordship, likely, you mean mysterious death of mr.Litvinenko who was apparently poisoned in London by unidentified person(s). But what is a connection beween the death and mr.Putin? I have no idea.

I'm aware about this story. No one died, no one was datained or/and beaten. The Law was not violated. So what could we discuss?

The rules followed Russian Laws. Unfortubately few individauals in rare cases violated the ruled and were punished as a result.

I could go on. But first could you take off that tinfoil hat? It looks silly.[/quote]
  10. Sergey, just wondering, I am curious to know your opinion - Is the Russian Federation seeking to challenge United States hegemony? I mean, China and India would seem most likely candidate for this, but I think it foolish to forget the Russian Federation.
  11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I really dont know. Do you suppose Andrei Lugovoi will take time off from his busy political career to visit England and attend a Premiership match? He used to be such a big fan.

300+ people died Serg, as you know. Your chaps at Ryazan got nicked by the local Plod because they were acting like sloppy goats and thought they were above the law. Which, as it turned out, they were. More sugar Vicar?

Wow. I never knew that. Tens of thousands of Chechnyans and Inglushi have got the complete wrong end of the stick in that case.

I guess my point is this.

There is a shedload of events that give us all pause for thought here in the UK. We debate them in the press, in pubs and on MBs. But implied criticism from a Russian citizen married to an ex KGB officer?

Nah. Sorry mate.
  12. In fact Russia is challeging US hegemony openly. The USA is of course the most powerfull player on geopolitical stage. But relatively short period of its unquestionable domination is near to end (if not ended). Our american friends should accept it.
  13. Political career? Before his death only few were aware about his existence.

300+ people died in the city of Ryasan because of sugar? Apparently you are ill informed.

There were 2 wars. There were armed rebels. There was alas collareral damage.

Criticism? Where have you seen criticism. It is just funny information, some interesting details. It is a place for rumours, gossips, scandals... not for lectures... though... it's an interesting idea.

Why not to lecture you Brits about scientific communism, about its theoretical basis. Then I was a student of Moscow university I studied scientific communism (we used to call it scientific idiotism).
  14. Why not, it's only been ended for what, 30 years now?

I love that doom and gloom, fatalistic approach in your writing, I truly think you missed your calling and should be writing drama novels.

Actually, you underestimate the US. Economy is starting to bounce back already, Iraq is nearing a close, a new president on the horizon. Russia is not much more than a mere annoyance to the US at this point and not even close to the same playing field today. In fact, the perception here is that Pakistan is more of a threat to US interests than Russia.

I think China has the best bet of leveling the field, but then again with so much invested in the US why would they want to do that.

I appreciate your commitment to lower the status of the US, one post at a time (but I really think you are wasting your time)

15. Ghost, I was asked and sinerely described my point of view. Apparently you disagree. No problem, it is not a tragedy. Being geopolitical rivals (it is reality) we (and our peoples) can remain friends. There is no contradiction.

Back to the theme. Do you think that it is natural for global superpower to use forgery and lies in external policy? And should other countries take it (such a habit) into account?

Do you think that the USA is moral leader in the World? Do you think that America should seek moral leadership?

Now I asked you. Describe your point of view, if you would like of course.