WHITE HOUSE EVACUATED - all clear

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ozgerbobble, May 11, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. From Sky

Wonder how much truth there is in this or is it a slow news day? :?

2. Well, there was that grenade thrown at Bush in Georgia. Perhaps it bounced...?

3. Theres nothing about it on BBC or CNN websites...although it has just pop'd up of Fox...no details tho...probably just a pilot with his map upside down...

4. Sounds like they are taking it seriously, as indeed they should, but as the intrusion is said to have come within 3 miles of the White House and no impact or interception reported....

'All Clear' just reported while I was typing this. Good.

5. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

From Reuters

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. authorities evacuated the White House and Congress on Wednesday and fighter jets were scrambled over the city, Reuters witnesses said.

It was not immediately clear what caused the scare. Officials cited "security measures" and told people to run away from the Capitol Hill toward Washington's main railway station.

6. MAJOR US SECURITY CLEAR

US Security Services have given the all-clear after a plane was reported to be heading towards the White House.

The White House and Capitol Building were evacuated and fighter jets scrambled above Washington after the plane flew into restricted air space.

The plane was reported to be minutes away from the capital while another report said the craft was three miles from the city.

A Homeland Security official said a Cessna plane was responsible for the alert.

Two F-16 jets are reported to have fired warning flares at the plane.

More follows . .

7. warning flares.......if the pilot was lost I bet he filled his boxers :twisted:

8. This isn't the same incident that was recently blamed on a fast moving cloud setting off an air defence alert is it?

(i'm sure thats what they were talking about on 'Have I got news for you' this also demonstrates my level of current affiars knowledge)

9. not unless theres a kink in your cable tv line :wink: :twisted: