White House considers building Death Star

From The Daily Telegraph:

White House to consider building a Death Star - Telegraph

White House to consider building a Death Star
A petition to build a Death Star space station has received the 25,000 signatures needed for it to be considered by the White House.

The Death Star is the size of the Moon in the Star Wars film franchise and is capable of destroying a planet with a single laser beam.

The petition, which calls on the US government to "secure funding and resources" and "begin construction" on a Death Star by 2016 now has more than 27,000 signatures.
The Death Star is the size of the Moon in the Star Wars film franchise and is capable of destroying a planet with a single laser beam.
The campaign's founder, identifying himself only as John D, is based in Longmont, Colorado, and registered the petition on the White House website on Nov 14.
The website claims that any petition gaining the appropriate number of signatures will be guaranteed an assessment by the president's staff, sent to the "appropriate policy experts" and receive an official response.
John D wrote: "By focusing our defense resources into a space-superiority platform and weapon system such as a Death Star, the government can spur job creation in the fields of construction, engineering and space exploration."
Sounds plausible.

DC

With our defense budget we will make do with Freddie Star. At lest it will deter the kids.

Will they block up the vent this time?
Well boss, I got one of the boys to cut some MDF to fit, couple of battens to hold it in, she'll be ready Thursday, if Andy brings the rawlplugs in on time. Tell you what, let's call it Friday, just to be certain.

K

Kirkz

Well boss, I got one of the boys to cut some MDF to fit, couple of battens to hold it in, she'll be ready Thursday, if Andy brings the rawlplugs in on time. Tell you what, let's call it Friday, just to be certain.
Get estimates will you?

Where does the Sharkmouth and uber kewl pilot callsign get painted? Darthman, this is Viper coming in hot with snake and nape Jawas in the open...

Wasn't this something Reagan was touting back in the mid 80's?

Get estimates will you?
Septics paying are they? $42 billion, I can't say fairer than that guv, mate's rate ain't it. Best make it $50 billion, just in case anything unexpected crops up, that space-MDF can be tricky stuff.

That Princess Leia, up for a bit of "entertaining the troops" is she?

Septics paying are they? $42 billion, I can't say fairer than that guv, mate's rate ain't it. Best make it $50 billion, just in case anything unexpected crops up, that space-MDF can be tricky stuff.

42 billion?

I know a few Polish lads who could put it together for 10 grand.

But as we knock off early on a Friday, and you don't want any gear left on site over the weekend, lets call it a week Monday to be doubly certain. Now, who's for a brew?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

K

Kirkz

42 billion?

I know a few Polish lads who could put it together for 10 grand.

But as we knock off early on a Friday, and you don't want any gear left on site over the weekend, lets call it a week Monday to be doubly certain. Now, who's for a brew?
Look just get me the estimates and don't forget the contingency fund for unforeseen circumstances.
Mines coffee white no sugar ta.

Latest Threads