Whistleblower - Baliffs

Did anyone watch the BBC docu last night into a lengthy undercover investigation exposing the shady activities at two of Britain's largest bailiff companies.

Ruthless, the lot of them!.

Did You see that sh!t use the little kids at the end to try and prise the money from her aunt in the last part of the expose. Twat, absolute twat!!!

And the Government want to give them extra powers so they can use reasonable force.

Hmmmmmmmmmm

The thing that gets me is that they were two of the industries largest companies - God only knows what the seedier :roll: end of the industry gets up to

Did you see the Police play right into the Baliffs hands when they were called to the home of a ladys son who owes money.

Surley the Police should have some knowledge of these proceedures. Im not saying eating a volume on it but at least the basics of what they can and cannot do?.

Connect this thread and see how the Lord Chancellor's Department propose to change the law to give official sanction by way of a 'thugs charter' in recognition of the reality of the activities of these people:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=866524.html#866524

Foot in the door? They can break it down if it amounts to 'reasonable force', entry without warrant, compulsory attachment of earnings orders etc etc etc!

The Government proposals were not even discussed in the programme and the media have been all but silent upon what may come.

Iolis said:
Connect this thread and see how the Lord Chancellor's Department propose to change the law to give official sanction by way of a 'thugs charter' in recognition of the reality of the activities of these people:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/p=866524.html#866524

Foot in the door? They can break it down if it amounts to 'reasonable force', entry without warrant, compulsory attachment of earnings orders etc etc etc!

The Government proposals were not even discussed in the programme and the media have been all but silent upon what may come.
To be fair to the Beeb the programme was probably outsourced and put to bed before the news about Labours Latest Law was put to the press

I saw it. WHAT A GREAT JOB....!!

I could chuck it in now, lob my pension on top of what Drakes pay and I'd be QUIDS in.....

On the other hand, I would only be interested if I could hassle old ladies and single mothers - that would be great. I wouldn't fancy trying to get payments out of big blokes with big dogs. Deffo NOT for me...

(*types Drakes into Google to look for terms and conditions)

It seems there might be a problem here.
While the Bailiffs may be entitled touse legal force, so are you. So if they dont announce and cant prove who they are, fill them in! The bigger and scarier they are, and the smaller and weaker you are, the better an excuse you have for defending yourself with that kitchen knife!

Yeah, but that's no fun......

Did you see the look on the little girl's face when Dau (sp) said her mummy was going to prison for not paying her parking fine....??

PRICELESS

That's the bit I laughed at most

drain_sniffer said:
There is an argument to say that people have ample opportunity to settle debt and resolve issues before the baliff is called.
Your argument has one flaw. The people they were chasing the debts from didn't even live at some of the places they tried to extort money from. Other times they tried to get money out of relatives who had nothing to do with it.

oldbloke said:
drain_sniffer said:
There is an argument to say that people have ample opportunity to settle debt and resolve issues before the baliff is called.
Your argument has one flaw. The people they were chasing the debts from didn't even live at some of the places they tried to extort money from. Other times they tried to get money out of relatives who had nothing to do with it.
BRILLIANT........

drain_sniffer said:
I spent a year of my life as a debt collector between the 2 footie grounds in Liverpool. I hated every minute of it but I had to feed my kids so needs must.
Half the addreses I got were out of date the debts being 3 or 4 years old and most of the streets took their signs down and the houses took the numbers of the doors. I used to tell people that I was the last freindly face they will see as after me comes the bailiffs. I also did a stint as a TV licence enquiry officer. god You should have seen some of the peoples faces when They recieved the caution... you do not have to say anything etc...
I blame my work choices on the lack of Butler vacancies in Liverpool. :oops:

drain_sniffer said:
There is indeed. However, as our community is aware there are circumstances when people have very little option but to go into debt e.g. raising funds to care for a sick child, spouse, relative.

It's also unfortunate that not everybody is as clued up about financial matters as the next person. It's also unfortunate that a lot of old soldiers wives are struggling to provide the care and assistance required to maintain basic functions in life.

If you look at the growth of the Identity Theft industry at the moment, with people using ever cleverer techniques, this means that the first you may know of a problem is a bailiff forcing entry to your property, lifting your gear and hoofing it off. It seems that more agencies are gaining power over Joe Public, while he is ever more restricted in his ability to protect himself and his own. Very worrying.

drain_sniffer said:
This may be true but having been on the receiving end of baillifs because of a previous occupant of a flat I let. To them it seems to make no difference. The baillif was ignoring the fact that I was not the person concerned and as I refeused entry or allowed him to remove goods, after all I am 6'4" and reasonably largely built, he decided to clamp the car and then tow it away.

Look on his face was absolutely priceless when he went in front of the magistrate for illegaly clamping, threatening behaviour, attempted burglary - by way of attempting to get into my property and the list goes on.

Cost him for all the clamping, my hire car costs for a period of approx 3 months due to having to get to work and compensation by way of inconvenience. And all because he wanted his money and didn't care how he tried to get it.

To him it was irrelevant about settling the debt and having opportunity, all he wanted was to stiff someone at the address for the money he believed he was owed. Cost him a hell of a lot more in the long run though, severall thousand £'s in compo, court costs, his and mine, and his job as his licence was removed. :D

Having helped out a Bailiff once or twice in the early 90's, all I can say is that things must have gone to the mutts since then: we had to pick up a vanload of PCs from a flash new Meeja company in Soho (signed up for all the smart kit on lease, never paid, even when we visited there were wires hanging out of the walls where the unpaid sparky had offski'd).

Delivered the paperwork to company registered address, turned up later to ID our kit, turned up with the van after hours so the wage slaves wouldn't realise big boss was a big-time charlie tossbag.

We even called local plod to let them know that we were there and there was a potential breach of the peace (Control Room got a bit overexcited and translated this as 'bailiff being stabbed' or something so a Tranny load of plod steamed up).

No nasties, no threats. Simply 'you owe XYZ to ABC Leasing, you haven't paid, so give us the stuff back and we'll see you in court for the costs'.

These swamplife on the documentary are the same as the rogue clampers, dodgy security firms etc etc that make their ill-gotten by scaring the shit out of people who should know better.

DON'T let 'em in the door. If they try to effect a size 9 entry, you are well within your rights to give them as good a kicking as counts as reasonable force (honest officer), call plod and say they haven't got ID and are making threats, and above all realise that the debts of a family member who ain't even at that address are not your problem, it's THEIRS.

Worst are the debt collecting agencies who never even bother to speak to debtors before subcontracting the large lads. Or the utility companies that set the agency after you (for £13) because their admin is nads and it's easier to clear their desk by setting the whole nasty process off, never to be stopped (NTL I just LOVE you after all these years).

Apologies for length- I know I haven't been here long enough for ranting privileges.

Latest Threads