Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Whisky - elixir of life

Just a head's up for Whisky collectors.
It appears that the first ever bottles from Dornoch Distillery are in the process of being filled and labels applied.
Not sure when they will actually be on sale yet.

Just a head's up for Whisky collectors.
It appears that the first ever bottles from Dornoch Distillery are in the process of being filled and labels applied.
Not sure when they will actually be on sale yet.
I heard that earlier in the year. Because of the crowdfunding for this distillery the crowdfunders are being given preference to the distribution of the first bottles from cask 1, going to make it almost impossible for joe public to get hands on one. There is something about this in the news section of their website.

I heard that earlier in the year. Because of the crowdfunding for this distillery the crowdfunders are being given preference to the distribution of the first bottles from cask 1, going to make it almost impossible for joe public to get hands on one. There is something about this in the news section of their website.

I have a first release of the Dornoch gin but didn't crowdfund at the right time for the whisky.

Hopefully will try some down the Castle some time but don't usually drink 3year old whisky*!

*cask number 1 was only laid down July 2017.

A first for me tonight, an online whisky tasting conducted by Zoom.
Four Glenfarcles expressions and a glass of mailed out and opened ready to go
A 10 year old, a 17 year old, a 21 year old an unlabelled which I think will be the cask strength private bottling.
Looking forward to this, I think

C42B70DA-8A76-48D2-B7DA-DF900955DEB3.jpeg

We are starting with 21 year old because “ it is the lightest, the other three are cask strength” This will be messy, very enjoyable but messy.
100 plus chums and friends of the whisky group on line, an unusual replacement for our annual dinner but yes, lots of fun.

I think it wise if I don’t post again tonight.

We are starting with 21 year old because “ it is the lightest, the other three are cask strength” This will be messy, very enjoyable but messy.
100 plus chums and friends of the whisky group on line, an unusual replacement for our annual dinner but yes, lots of fun.

I think it wise if I don’t post again tonight.

The men of this thread are stoic and robust!

You must post after every bottle!

The men of this thread are stoic and robust!

You must post after every bottle!
The 21 year old is lovely, very smooth no sharp edges and apparently a £100 a full size bottle
The 10 year old cask strength is absolutely outstanding. I have a bottle won earlier in the year for £50 and still unopened. I have posted an image of it before.
The 10 year old and the next two are private bottlings.
I genuinely will not be posting again tonight

The 21 year old is lovely, very smooth no sharp edges and apparently a £100 a full size bottle
The 10 year old cask strength is absolutely outstanding. I have a bottle won earlier in the year for £50 and still unopened. I have posted an image of it before.
The 10 year old and the next two are private bottlings.
I genuinely will not be posting again tonight

Lightweight.

Follow up.

There will be 893 bottles from the first cask, after the crowdfunders get theirs, the others will be available by ballot via their website at £95.

I looked that up, (yes, it's gone back up) and was surprised to see next to it on the page a Balvenie 12-yr at £13.50! Got to the Paypal stage before realising that a. it's 20cl b. postage is £8.50. Jassus, that was a close call...
I've never splashed on a bottle of Springbank 22 only to find out it was a 50cl....oh no siree

Tesco, Morrisons and Asda have been belting out reduced stuff for about a month, on and off.
Used the club card to get a fiver off Talisker Skye. The massive evaporation the following day might lead the intrepid explorer to assume that this was one of two things: passing, thus shared among fellow travellers, scooped down with other cordials, waters and so forth.
Or, as consumed by your correspondent, an odd Scotch. With a drop of water, very sweet, with a chunk of peat. Slightly unbalanced at first, after some more: bloody lovely. Drink more.