Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whisky - elixir of life

Wiring into a Glendronach 15 yr old (revival) - very nice! Lots of fruit and a long syrupy finish. 46% no ice, no water required. Not as ‘thick’ as the ‘parliament’.

Glendronach is a cracker and my ‘go to’ bottle in the winter.

I’m saving a Bunnahabhian Stiuireadair for Christmas - had one last year it’s exceptional.

If your cock fits in an advent calendar I'm not sure he'd notice.
I was hoping for something at least 21 years old. I'm not sure that he qualifies!

Today I saw one of my favourite blends " Isle of Skye 8 year old " for £15 in Asda so in the trolley it went

LepetitCaporal

Old-Salt
I suggest using the "reply" function, otherwise it looks like you're sat on a bench next to the Fair Maid, drinking Buckie and shouting at passers-by and pigeons. ;-)
Buckie braes ?
France ,at the actual...
We are now having major sales on whisky (France )
One of the publicity mags, had, Aberfeldy whisky...23 € the bottle
In my life, I have only tasted it twice...a couple of times and I was born here / there
It's a rarety
Nostalgia is just not what it used to be...
Post Schitum : bet, you are english?
What is Buckie ? Serious question

Buckie braes ?
France ,at the actual...
We are now having major sales on whisky (France )
One of the publicity mags, had, Aberfeldy whisky...23 € the bottle
In my life, I have only tasted it twice...a couple of times and I was born here / there
It's a rarety
Nostalgia is just not what it used to be...
Post Schitum : bet, you are english?
What is Buckie ? Serious question
Buckie = Buckfast tonic wine made by monks Favoured drink of yobs and alkies . Tastes bloody awful on internet says made from an original French recipe so it's all your fault ;) :)

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Buckie = Buckfast tonic wine made by monks Favoured drink of yobs and alkies . Tastes bloody awful on internet says made from an original French recipe so it's all your fault ;) :)

Never tried it but seen the effects.

Caffeinated to ensure total bampotness when taken in sufficient quantities.

Never tried it but seen the effects.

Caffeinated to ensure total bampotness when taken in sufficient quantities.
I only had a taste of it last year at a BBQ and god knows why people drink it. I said to the lad who had brought it to the BBQ you could have got a bottle of decent red wine for the price you paid for that

Scrabbling around in the back of the collection of various bottles this evening, I found an unopened Auchentoshan 12-yr, and so shall have a couple of nips - very lovely, indeed, and especially/surprisingly in contrast on the tongue to Lagavulin.

I thought that I might make another bottle of it one of my Christmas presents to myself, but in the advertisement next door on Amazon, saw this:
Amazon product
...but I don't know; too much fruit could result in some sort of vile cocktail. Anyone had it?

Scrabbling around in the back of the collection of various bottles this evening, I found an unopened Auchentoshan 12-yr, and so shall have a couple of nips - very lovely, indeed, and especially/surprisingly in contrast on the tongue to Lagavulin.

I thought that I might make another bottle of it one of my Christmas presents to myself, but in the advertisement next door on Amazon, saw this:
Amazon product
...but I don't know; too much fruit could result in some sort of vile cocktail. Anyone had it?
Not too sure about some of these whiskies that have been "finished" in different barrels. I don't think I would risk £40 on a bottle, but would certainly have a dram just to see.

I notice in the Amazon advert this:
Best enjoyed neat, on the rocks or in a long drink with pineapple juice & peach sparkling water

This tells me everything about who these new bottles of whisky are aimed at.

Teeblerone

War Hero
Not too sure about some of these whiskies that have been "finished" in different barrels. I don't think I would risk £40 on a bottle, but would certainly have a dram just to see.

I notice in the Amazon advert this:
Best enjoyed neat, on the rocks or in a long drink with pineapple juice & peach sparkling water

This tells me everything about who these new bottles of whisky are aimed at.
Too right. Though I have had some of the more expensive whiskies with a 'sherry finish' where it has worked very well.
I'm getting a sample of Glenmorangie Oloroso that has already been described as 'a ladies' whisky'. Not gonna stop me drinking it though!

That 'best enjoyed' is a marketing department work-experience-lad let loose and utter pointless cobblers, arghh!

I have started putting together my Christmas "cellar".
20201201_162242_copy_1134x2016_1.jpg

Maybe add a couple more, just to be on the safe side.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Another new distillery starting up looking for crowd funding.

Lowest amount £120. Gets you 200mls when first produced.

Latest Threads