Whisky - elixir of life

TamH70

MIA
At Robin Hood Airport it Is more likely you will be searched for contraband teabags.
Yeah. They take tea so seriously in Yorkshire that they paid enough money for Michael Parkinson to come out of retirement to advertise it.

Tasting report on latest purchases:
The Dufftown Singleton is very nice, to the point of being bland. A perfectly nice, smooth Speyside. The malt character is almost buttery. It won’t scare anyone. For those that believe in such things, this could introduce a hardened drinker of blends to single malts.
The Black Bush is in some ways similar, but with the characteristics pumped up a bit. Full, rich, oily and smooth. Really nice.

TamH70

MIA
Finally cracked open my Crabbies Yardhead Single Malt Whisky that I bought from Morrisons a while back, having finally finished the Jack Daniel's I bought for my "I'm not doing this bloody lockdown sober" thingy.

It's smooth, eminently drinkable, and unlike some of the folks that have reviewed it elsewhere, I don't see a need to add any mixer to it. It's just that good. If I was going to compare it to anything, I'd put it against the baseline Glenmorangie.

Since it's back down in price at Morrisons, 18 quid isn't much of a price to be able to definitively tell me I'm talking through my hoop.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Due to cancellation of Whisky festival local whisky bar / distillery is selling off samples and tasters. Some interesting and rare dreams.

I bought a bottle of Shackleton blended malt today. Partly because it was ten quid off in Tesco and partly because I’ve never tried it and the story is interesting. It claims to be based on the original spirit supplied to the expired. Anyone sampled this particular drop?

I bought a bottle of Shackleton blended malt today. Partly because it was ten quid off in Tesco and partly because I’ve never tried it and the story is interesting. It claims to be based on the original spirit supplied to the expired. Anyone sampled this particular drop?
Aye same as yourself it was on offer and it's a nice enough dram at that price

I have just finished a bottle of 25 year old Glenrothes which was bloody lovely. It was a gift a couple of years ago from a guy I did some work for gratis.

I've just looked to buy another bottle and it's north of £300!!!!!

Sod that, I'll just have to remember how nice it was!

Not yet, but I'm going to try !

philc

LE
Just to clarify - it's the Ben Gurion Airport duty free that I despise - I've never been to Yorkshireland.
If you do find yourself here, this is the place for Whisky.

I declare the Shackleton eminently drinkable. Quite sweet and fruity with a hint of smoke. For me neat is fine. Well worth a punt while discounted.

Latest Threads