Whisky - elixir of life

No because I go for quality over quantity .I drink to enjoy not to get rat arrsed .Bells is a Blended whisky malt and grain combined. I'm not sure whether you are a windup merchant looking for a hook or a guy with no taste
He's a sock, worst sock eva.

I wish I could taste a good malt . Still no sense of smell or taste so for weeks it's been Aldis cheap blends.
What a shame as the smell and the taste is what it is all about . I do hope they come back and you can get back to enjoying a malt

What a shame as the smell and the taste is what it is all about . I do hope they come back and you can get back to enjoying a malt
It really is great when it returns, for around a fortnight quite sensitive and everything has more layers. Downside is so do socks and other smellies.

I hope so too. Got 4 bottles of quality stuff just festering away crying out to be quaffed.

Been 8 weeks now.
I was a bit shorter, around six and didn't really notice it initially but had started making my coffee stronger, a lot stronger. Then, when they came back, it was like breathing a kaleidoscope of smells. taste was the same but not as pronounced. All back to normal now.

This is on offer for the next 15 minutes BTW - not had it yet but heard good things - so got a couple.

1591397179984.png

TamH70

MIA
You will have to do a tasting note on here on what you think of it , I did see it earlier but no age stated so must be a youngish whisky
Lot of young NAS stuff about and for my tastes, I prefer the Longrow Peated to the Deanston 15 and Tullibardine 24 I have on the go. Horses for courses though, the Deanston is good but just too sweet the, Tulli' lovely long finish but it tastes a bit musty.

I bought an Ardbeg Uigeadail just in case the Cotswold is pants. That's NAS as well.

Aye I do the same buy a whisky that is on offer to see what like, I like to treat myself now and again to a malt that I would not normally buy and the family know this hence the Highland park 16 year that my eldest son bought for my birthday last week. I bought shares in Glenwyvis when they were punting it three years ago so waiting to see what their whisky tastes like next year

You will have to do a tasting note on here on what you think of it , I did see it earlier but no age stated so must be a youngish whisky
It arrived on Sunday, had a glass. It's got all of the good stuff on the label, 2015 Odyssey barley, non chill filtered, natural colour and bottled at 46%

Pleasant good, not great, drink for me but it'll take a few more glasses to be sure. Didn't notice the strong raspberry others have mentioned, a bit of fruit aye, vanilla and pepper all round, taste benefitted from a splash. I like a rougher edge and this certainly has it, finish middling though. I'd say a good buy at the price I paid, don't know if I'd go for it at full price as I could buy a Clynelish and get more out of it I reckon. I'll probably try their peat finish as it's oily nature would be suited to it IMO. Also like to try something a bit older when they release it.

Nomad1382

War Hero
699D8324-8388-43A3-AADC-3D37831B40BF.jpeg

Found this at Sam’s Club, a big box store here. No age statement but a single malt. Very smooth a bit of a woody flavor but not over powering so good. And $20 US

This lovely lady has proven for me - not that I need much persuading - that whisky is indeed the water of life. Moderation appears to be the key, although I have my doubts, and shall continue to test the theory. 120 here I come.
View attachment 398536

Remember: a teardrop of water in any glass.
Try Brandy, less of a headache.......sri.........

Latest Threads